Chapter 16

Chapter 16- You Really Need A Nap

"We can take them, four on three," She grinned, but then Sokka coughed

"Actually Toph, there's five of us," He pointed out.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't count you. You know, no bending and all," She shrugged, making you snort and feeing calmer about this tension.

"I can still fight!" He shouted at her.
"Okay, four on three plus Sokka," She grinned as Sokka groaned in anger. The four of them charged and you and Toph quickly lifted up rock pillars to stop them, but they quickly dodged it.
"Well, we wanted to find out who they were and we found out. Now let's get out of here," Sokka said as you all hopped onto Appa, but not before you send a wave of lava in front of them to prevent any more pursuit.

"I can't believe your brother followed us all the way from Omashu," Katara said, and you nodded, rubbing your arms at seeing your brother again.
"I still think we could have taken them," Toph pouted at the lack of fighting.
"Are you kidding me? The crazy blue firebending, dangerous lighting and the flying daggers are bad enough, but last time we saw them, one of those girls did something that took my bending away," Katara explained.

"Ty Lee, she's a contortionist, but I've never seen her block chi before," You mumbled, rubbing your eyes.
"Chi?" Katara asked, but Sokka whined before you could explain further.
"Oh no, the sun is rising. We've been up all night with no sleep!" The sun shining on your eyes made your head hurt a little.

"You'll get used to the no sleep lifestyle, especially if you're on the run, I have mastered it perfectly," You shrugged, yawning and trying to stay awake.
"Then why do you look like you're about to pass out?" Sokka raised an eyebrow as you halted at him.
"I haven't slept in a week, now I really need a nap," You muttered.

"Every time we land, those four are there. So we'll just have to keep flying," Katara told you all and you patted Appa's back.
"We can't keep flying forever," Aang argued.
"So what's our plan?" You asked and rubbed your eyes.
"Don't know... too tired to think," Toph groaned and closed her eyes.

"I'm sure we'll come up with something after a short nap," Katara mumbled and you laid against the saddle.
"Yeah... nap time..." You trailed off and closed your eyes, finally feeling sleep take you. Though that was gone real quick as Twig started to shout loudly and you immediately noticed Appa was falling.

"What's going on?!" Toph yelped as you held onto the saddle and Twig.
"Appa fell asleep!" Aang shouted and you all tried to wake Appa up. Appa eventually started to glide through the trees and crash landed near a lake.

"Appa's exhausted," Twig shook in fear as you jumped off of Appa, hugging your buddy close.
"Okay, we've put in a lot of distance between us and them. The plan right now is to follow Appa's lead and get some sleep," Sokka tiredly said and grabbed his sleeping bag.
"Of course, we could've gotten some sleep earlier, if Toph didn't have such issues," And with that, you banged your head against the ground.