Chapter 43

Chapter 43- Tea About The Past

"(S/N)! Wanna play outside with me and the other kids? You'll be the hero!" Three year old you smiled brightly at your sister, who nervously smiled and shook her head

"Sorry (Y/N), you know how I feel about other people," She mumbled shyly, tucking her hair at the back of her ear.

You blew a raspberry, and pouted.
"Aww! But their siblings are playing, and (B/N) says he won't play!" You whined, laying on her as she laid on her back.
"Maybe you could play a different game, just be here before sundown," She kissed you on the forehead and you giggled, not noticing the scared look on your sister's face.

"You know how (B/N) gets when everyone is not at the dinner table," She mumbled, making you nod and run outside, not before looking around to make sure (B/N) was not around.
"What would a three year old child do..." You wondered, then grinned with mischief.
"Dig!!" You immediately used your bending to make a hole, and hopped inside.

You pushed through dirt and mud, trying to make a tunnel that could lead you to a new and adventurous place, until you head voices.
"Stupid Azula... stupid girls, agh!!" It was a boy! You tilted your head as you stopped digging and listened above you.
"There's nothing to do... I'm bored, and no one to play with," You smiled at that. You could make a new friend!

"Surprise! I'm your friend now!" You yelled as you dug through to the surface and raised your arms out wide, a closed eyed smile beamed. A boy yelled and fell on his back, groaning in pain before looking at you with wide eyes.
"W-w-what?! You shouldn't be here! A earthbender should never be here!" He whispered harshly, trying to push you down in your hole.

"But I'm your friend!" You whined, trying to push him away, before he stopped and looked at you confused.
"Friend...?" He mumbled out, as you nodded happily.
"I'm (Y/N)! We can do so much things together! The two of us will be the great friend duo!" You rambled off.

"But... do you know who I am?" You took a quick close look at the boy. He had his black hair in a ponytail, and he wore a very fancy Fire Nation clothing. But you simply shook your head.
"I don't really care who you are, but I do know that we will be great friends! What's your name?" You smiled at him.

The boy looked at you dumbfounded, but curious. You really don't know who he is? So you're not doing this out of benefit? That's the first time! And he's never seen a earthbender before, so he'll be cooler than his sister! He'll show her that he too has friends!

"Z-Zuko... my name is Zuko,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up suddenly by the screams of the gaang. The little dream/memory you had was disturbed by the sudden failing of Appa, making you jerk awake and quickly grab Twig to protect him.

"So much for a light awakening!!" You yelled out, about to fall off the flying bison, but Katara grabbed your hand and held you close before Appa fell the water. Ice froze around him and boats surrounded you four.
"They're waterbenders! We found the Water Tribe!" Katara said with excitement.