Chapter 6

Chapter 6- Trading Gone Wrong

The plan you had was make the people of Omashu pretend to have pentapox and be sick

The plan you had was make the people of Omashu pretend to have pentapox and be sick. It apparently worked, which you thought it would never, and the soldiers backed off. The Nobels ordered the people to be driven out to prevent the spreading of the plague.

You all migrated far, yet close to Omashu, making a campsite for the soldiers and refugees. Twig popped his head out from your cloak and made a noise, making you turn to see Aang on Flopsy.

"Flopsy!" You smiled as the beast ran up to the campsite, setting Aang down and licking you, making you laugh.
"We looked everywhere, no Bumi," You gave Aang a sympathetic smile to his no findings of his friend, and Yung walked over.

"We've got a problem. We just did a head count," He told while motioning to the refugees.
"Oh no. Did someone get left behind?" Katara asked with worry, making the soldier shake his head.
"No, we have an extra," He then pointed at a baby pulling onto Momo, making him make a noise towards Twig, in who tried to save the lemur.

You tilted your head, wondering how a baby got here, and where, until you realized that you saw a baby in the arms of the Nobel woman and Mai.
'That ain't good,' You thought. Katara picked up the baby and brought him near the fire, keeping him warm.

'I'm no good with kids, heck, I'm still one myself! I wonder how (S/N) felt whenever she had to babysit me. Must've felt exhausting,' You huffed a chuckle, now feeling sad.
'I... kinda miss her,' Just then, the baby crawled over to Sokka and grabbed his club, making him snatch it up.
"No! Bad Fire Nation baby!" Sokka scolded the baby, who in turn cried. Katara nudged him and he reluctantly gave it back to the kid.

"Oooh, you're so cute," She cooed, making the baby giggle and you smile at her motherly actions.
'Great... now I miss mom,' You sighed, and rested your arms on your legs.
"Sure he's cute now, but when he's older, he'll join the Fire Nation army. You won't think he's so cute then. He'll be a killer," Yung scoffed and crossed his arms.

"Maybe so, however," You levitated a rock and played with it in front of the baby, making him giggle and tried to reach it.
"If you could just show them at a early age, that there is more than just destruction and war, he could have a change of mind," You explained, turning the rock into lava and had the baby in awe.

Just then, a loud shriek of a messenger hawk was heard and landed on a Boulder.
"A messenger hawk!" You titled your head and pulled the letter from its back, petting its head and thanked it. You gave the letter to Aang, who opened it and read it over.

"It's from the Fire Nation governor. He thinks we kidnapped his son. So he wants to make a trade. His son," Aang kept reading and his eyes widened.

"For King Bumi!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You didn't know why you were holding the baby, but he was snuggly sleeping against you, so by baby code, you couldn't move him. You leaned against Appa as Aang walked over to you three.
"You realize we're probably walking right into a trap," Sokka crossed his arms.

"I don't think so. I'm sure the governor wants his son back as much as we want Bumi. It's a new day, I have a good feeling about this," Aang smiled, and you shrugged.
"Careful Air boy, Fire Nation are a deceivable community, so let's be cautious," You told him, and carefully climbed onto Appa.

Twig made a whining noise as he wanted to be in your arms instead of the baby, which made you smile and pet his head.
"Don't worry Twig, you'll be resting soon," And you all rode Appa through the sky and into Omashu.

You stuck your tongue in disgust by the construction of the Fire Lord Ozai statue, and you all landed on the scaffold. However, the moment you step foot onto the scaffold, you felt a big shock through your body, feeling all of a sudden uneasy.
'What the heck?... I don't feel right about this...' You gulped. You gave the baby to Sokka as you pulled your hood up, and Twig hiding behind you.

Your feeling was right, seeing Mai walking up the steps, but with two very familiar faces. Your old friends Ty Lee and-
'Azula...' Your eyes widen, and you took a step back at the sight of her, and you quickly lowered your head so she wouldn't see your face.
'This is not good, not at all,' The three stopped, yards away from you four, and Bumi being lowered down in a metal coffin like cage.

"Hi, everybody!" Bumi laughed and snorted, making Aang smile at the sight of his friend.
"You brought my brother?" Mai asked, and Sokka revealed the baby.
"He's here. We're ready to trade," Aang said with a stern voice. The feeling of uneasiness was still there, but not because of the three girls.

"I'm sorry, but a thought just occurred to me. Do you mind?" Azula suddenly said to Mai.
"Of course not, Princess Azula." Mai nodded.
"We're trading a two year old for a king. A powerful, earthbending king?" Azula looked at Bumi, who nodded at her words.
"It just doesn't seem like a fair trade, does it?" She smirked, making you shiver at her words.

"You're right. The deal's off," Mai then motioned for Bumi to be lifted up, which made the king laugh again.
"See you all later!" He said with amusement.
"How about the baby, and the criminal Bender?" You froze at her words, and the Gaang stiffened at that too.
"I know you have her, word gets around, and it gets around fast, so I suggest you hand her over," You lifted your head up and immediately regret it as Azula makes direct eye contact with you.

"Or things may get messy," She smirked, and Aang made a low scowl.
"Over my dead body!!" He charged, and Azula sent a wave of blue flames, in which he dodged and flew up. Azula chased after him, while you and the Gaang were ready to fight.

"We've got to get the baby out of here!" You told Sokka, who nodded and blew the bison whistle. He tried to run, but then Ty Lee came from under him and knocked him down, which almost made him all over the scaffold.
"Sokka!!" You spun chunks of rocks over your hand as you ran over to fight Ty Lee, but then flames was in front of you, making you jump and take steps back.

"Ah ah ah, I wouldn't do that," A new male voice said with amusement. You don't know why, but it sounded familiar, and you tried to find the man who attacked you, and Twig let out a yell to indicate that the man was behind you. You turned and quickly threw the chunks towards the voice and more flames were appearing around yous

"Ugh!! Show yourself and fight me you elephant koi!!" You yelled out in frustration, and immediately you felt someone tackle you from behind and Twig getting knocked away from you. You fell on your chest as someone ran their boot against your back.
"Didn't I always say to never run while bending?" The man said and pressed his boot further against your back, which made you groan in pain, making you turn your head to face the man.

"I see you still haven't learned last time," Your eyes widen in fear as you saw the familiar, yet older face of someone you didn't wanted to see ever again. He grinned with malice at your scared expression, his hand igniting Fire.

"Aren't I lucky to have such a sweet, baby sister, right (Y/N)?"