Chapter 31

Chapter 31- No More Being The Runt

Waking up from a sudden interruption by some humans, Twig and Appa continued to travel through the lands, passing over oceans and basically crashing into near a hidden passage under a tree

Twig fell off of Appa and laid against him as the bison ate some grass, wanting sleep again, but a loud deep screech was heard as a boar-q-pine came inning out of the passage and ram into Appa, causing the two beasts to tumble down a hill and Twig screeching to follow.

But he froze, as he noticed red color in the trees, moving and heard small chirps.

It sounds like his chirps.

Suddenly, Twig was surrounded by a colony of tiger monkeys, looking at him curiously and with caution. Twig watched in awe as he never saw any other tiger monkeys before, except the ones who threw him off the tree when he was born. He lets a whistle to ask to be left alone.

One tiger monkey, presumably the leader, walked in the circle. He was way bigger than Twig, with fangs longer than his paw and claws sharper than stone. Twig chirped and whined, trying to let them know that he didn't want trouble, and his friend needs help.

But the leader ignored his pleading, and snarled at him to leave, for he is not from the colony and that a runt can never survive with them. Twig took a step back, but had a stern look as she raised his back fur up, not wanting to back down.

He tried to tell them he needs help for Appa, but the leader then swiped at him, hissing that he'll be sorry for going against the leader.

What could a runt do?

Twig shook in fear, but heard Appa's cries, making the tiger monkey shake his head and hissed at the leader, challenging him. The leader let a low growl, and the other tiger monkeys chirp in awe, making the leader scowl at them, and they backed away in fear.

The leader then charged at Twig, immediately pinning him down and opened his mouth to bite him, but Twig wrapped his tail around the leader's paw and threw him off.

Twig and the leader tussled around, biting and scratching each other, though Twig was receiving more hits. The leader threw him against a tree and Twig let out a cry of pain, as the leader stood over him.

The leader was about to end him, but Twig used his arms to wrap it around the leader's waist and kept pushing him, ignoring any pain from the leader's claws. Then, he decided to end it and bite the leader's neck, hard enough to lift him off the ground, and smashing him against the ground.

The colony cheered and chirped, as the leader was pinned by Twig, struggled to get loose, but soon gave up. The colony got out of the trees and bowed their heads for Twig, declaring him as their new leader, which the former one bowed his head too.

Then, Appa managed to push himself up back the hill, scaring the colony and them clinging the trees, but Twig ran up to the bison and licked his face, making Appa whine and crawls into the passage.