Chapter 12

Chapter 12- Core Strength

You looked up to amber surrounded by Fire Nation soldiers with spears out

"Stay back! I'm warning you!" Sokka yelled as he took his boomerang out.
"Katara, (Y/N), stop. You can't win this fight," Tyro pleaded.
"Listen to him well children," You hissed at the warden walking up.

"You're on mistake away from dying where you stand," A sudden rush of air fills your ears as the facility shakes. The ventilation shaft bursts off its hinges as a big blast of coal soars into the air, crashing down into a gathered pile. Everyone stared in surprise at the pile as Aang leaps out from the barren ventilation shaft, landing atop the coal pile and coughing.

Katara runs up to the coal, turning to face the earthbenders.
"Here's your chance, earthbenders! Take it! Your fate is in your own hands!" She shouted at them. No one dared to step forward, and you felt anger rush in you as you realized they beaten any hope out of these people.

"Foolish girl. You thought a few inspirational words and some coal would change these people? Look at these blank, hopeless faces. Their spirits were broken a long time ago." The warden laughed.

"Oh, but you still believe in them. How sweet. They're a waste of your energy little girls. You failed." Before the warden turned he snapped his fingers.
"And don't think I didn't recognized you, Delusional Bender." Your eyes widen as everyone started to gasp and whisper.
"Oh how the Fire Lord will love to see you," The warden smirked as Helmsmen walked to take you.

Twig started to hiss at them as you prepared to fight, but before they grabbed you, a rock was thrown at the warden's head. You saw Haru levitating three pieces of coal above his hand. The warden growls and sends a blast of fire toward Haru, but the fire is blocked, as Tyro raises a wall of coal in his defense.

"Show no mercy!" He shouted as the guards started to attack.
"For the Earth Kingdom, attack!" You shouted, and the rest of the people started to fight. Twig jumped off your shoulder and started to trip over the guards as you jumped and blocked some fire from the guards.

"I need some coal over here!" You shouted, and Haru threw some to you. You held it in your hands and closed your eyes.

Hot.

It needs to be hot.

Liquid, molten, heating lava.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look papa! Look!" You shouted excitedly as you levitated a rock in your hands.
"Would you look at that?" Your dad chuckled.
"You be careful of that (Y/N), you know bending other than Fire is not allowed," You pouted, but nodded anyways.

"Does (S/N) Earthbend like me? Or does (B/N)?" You asked with little jumps.
"Well, I'm afraid (S/N) can't bend, and (B/N) can firebend," He said with a sympathetic look. You puffed your cheeks out as he lifted you up.
"But I guess you and I are the only ones who can move earth," You giggled as he set you to bed.

"You better go to sleep now before your mother spots you and we're both in trouble," He whispered.
"Too late," He jumped and turned around to see your mother with arms crossed and an amused smile on her face.
"Honey! Uhhh, You look beautiful tonight!" He awkwardly smiled.

"(Y/N), you best get to sleep now, we have a big day ahead of us, and you get back in bed," She pointed at your dad, who did a raspberry.
"Look who's the miss grumpy," He joked, making your mother hit his shoulder.

"Goodnight papa, goodnight mama," You waved as the door closed. You made sure your siblings were asleep, and you lifted the rock again. It levitated on your hands, making you giggle at it moving.

Then it got hot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You heard footsteps and you quickly dodged the fire thrown at you by the warden. You smirked as you then threw the wheel of lava at him, making you jumped and the lava melted through the ground. You lifted up the lava and threw it again towards a guard who was about to attack Haru.

"Lavabending," He breathed out in amazement as you continued to make coal into lava and throw them to prevent guards from attacking the prisoners. Sokka watched you as you ducked and dodged from the fire and throwing lava.
'Her movements, her concentration. It's like she's in a whole different world,' He thought before throwing his boomerang at Firebenders.

"Get to the ships! We'll hold them off!" Tyro shouted.
"Do not let them escape!" The warden shouted. Aang made an air funnel and told you to grab coal for him, which you did. It shot towards the guards and warden, then you, Tyro and other Earthbenders lifted the coal from beneath them and put them over the water.

"No, please! I can't swim!" The warden pleaded with him.
"Don't worry, I heard cowards float," Tyro said, and let them fall into the water. You cheered as you all ran into the ships, and you made lava and covered the entrance to make sure no one else attacked you.

Twig hopped on your shoulder as you all were sailing out to freedom.
"You can lavabend! I thought only the Avatar can do that!" Katara said with amazement.
"I thought so too, but one night I was bending rocks and then it turned into magma. And with that it became my core strength," You smiled sheepishly at her.

"And to think you couldn't get anymore awesome," You blushed at her words and mumbled a 'thanks,' before Haru and Tyro walked up to you two.
"I want to thank you two for saving me. For saving us." Haru bowed.
"All it took was a little coal, and maybe lava," You shrugged.
"It wasn't the coal, it was you two and your bravery," Katara blushed in embarrassment as you just fingered gun at him.

"All in the days work of a fugitive and her partner," You grinned and elbowed her, making Katara look away.
"Thank you for helping me find my courage, Katara of the Water Tribe and (Y/N) of our people. My family and everyone here owes you much." Tyro thanked you both.

"I take it you're going home?" Katara guessed.
"Yes. To take back my village. To take back all of our villages! The Fire Nation will regret the day they set foot on our land!" Tyro shouted, making the other people cheer.
"Come with me," Haru said as he held your hand.

"Woah there, I already made a promise that I came with the Avatar." You said while taking your hands away with pink tints on your face.
"Your mission is to take back your home. Ours is to get Aang to the North Pole," Katara said.

"That's him, isn't it? The Avatar." You nodded as you looked at Aang playing with Momo, making Twig jump over to play.
"Katara, (Y/N), thank you for bringing my father back to me. I never thought I'd see him again. I only wish there was some way..." He trailed off, hinting about Katara's mother and your father.

"Aw, it's fine. All I know is that my dad would be proud of me," You sighed and took off your bandana.
'If only he was ever proud of me for what I did...' You thought.
"Yeah... My mother's necklace! It's gone!" Katara shouted in a panic. You looked around to see if it fell somehow, but nothing.

"It must've fell off when we were fighting!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zuko lifted up the lost necklace and looked at it, and looking at a scroll that held information about The Delusional Bender being here.

"I'm coming after you Avatar, and I'm coming after you... (Y/N),"