Chapter 42

Chapter 42- Fight For The Temple

"I can't believe it, why would he hide this from me? And why would he be on the enemy's side?" Teo rambled as you, Teo, and Aang marched over the the mechanic's workshop

"Don't worry Teo, he may have been working for the Fire Nation, but he was doing it for the safety of you, don't forget that. It was wrong, but that's what a father should do, protect you even if it'll hurt you," You explained, feeing your dad's bandana. Teo simply nodded as you opened the door to the mechanic's workshop.

"When are they coming?" You asked the mechanic, as he sighed and looked up.
"Soon, very soon," He revealed.
"You can't give them more weapons." Aang demanded.
"If I don't give them what they want, they will destroy this place!" The model of the hot air balloon caught fire and crashed.

"How can I be proud of you when your inventions are being used for murder?" Teo asked his father, he looked very upset with him, which made you place a hand on his shoulder.
"I need some time to think." Then a bell was heard from somewhere.
"You need to leave, go!" He yelped.

"We're not leaving!" Teo argued, but you felt dread in your stomach, making you push Aang back a little.
"Then hide, quickly!" He pushed you three out of sight where a hatch opened and you saw a war minister from the Fire Nation. Twig slightly hissed, which made you cover his mouth.
"You know better than to keep me waiting. Give me what you owe us so we can be on our way," The war minister demanded.

As the two were about to leave, Aang jumped in the way and glared at them.
"The deal's off," He said.
"Or else you'll be sporting a good burn mark on your arms," You also said, standing next to Aang.
"You two, don't get involved!" The mechanic pleaded.
"If I don't get what I came here for, the Fire Nation will burn this place to rubble!" The war minister scowled.

"You best get out of here old man, or else," You spat out and threw a rock in his face.
"Then the destruction of this temple will be on your heads!" He yelled, and went back down the lift. Aang quickly closed the hatch with his bending.

"I'd like to see him try,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dumb Fire Nation, I'm a fool for ever stepping foot in that place," You growled lowly, as Twig kept rubbing his head against your neck. You and the gaang, with the addition of Teo, were standing on the bridge trying to figure out what to do.
"(Y/N), what are we going to do? How can we possibly keep them all away?" Katara asked you.

"Not sure, but I bet Air boy has a plan," You replied.
"You bet I do. We have something they don't. Air power." Aang smiled with determination.
"We control the sky. That's something the Fire Nation can't do. We can win!" You and Sokka look at each other and grinned.

"I want to help," You turn to see the mechanic walking over.
"We'll need it," Teo smiled at your words and the people later stood within the mechanic's workshop.
"We finally got the war balloon working, thanks to Sokka. This boy's a genius!" The mechanic said, which made the two compliment each other.