Chapter 20

Chapter 20- Pirates On Board

"Aang, this is all my fault." Katara said.
"No Katara, it isn't." Aang reassured her.
"Yeah, it kind of is," Iroh said, making you snort and quickly apologized.
"Give me the boy," Zuko said.
"You give us the scroll." The pirate leader demanded.

"You're really gonna hand over the Avatar for a stupid piece of parchment?" Sokka scoffed. You looked at him confused, but then realized what he was doing.
"Don't listen to him, he's trying to turn us against each other!" Zuko argued.
"Your friend is the Avatar?" The pirate asked in shock.

"Sure is, and I'll bet he'll fetch a lot more on the black market than that fancy scroll." Sokka smirked.
"Shut your mouth, you Water Tribe peasant!" Zuko scowled.
"Yeah, Sokka, you really should shut your mouth." Aang said with a cough.
"I'm just sayin' it's bad business sense. Think how much the Fire Lord would pay for the Avatar AND the Delusional Bender. You guys would be set for life!" Sokka explained.

"Keep the scroll, we can buy a hundred with the reward we'll get for the kid," The pirate leader said.
"Get the girl too," He motioned another pirate to grab you, but Zuko stopped him.
"You'll regret breaking a deal with me." He and two of his soldiers send a blast of fire at the pirates. The pirates jump back and one of the pirates runs out, throwing smoke bombs and jumping into the cloud as the fight ensues.

Some of the helmsmen tried to run out to Sokka and Aang, who are struggling with their ropes, but are stopped by several pirates. Momo and Twig runs down the tree and frees you and Katara.
"Thanks, Momo, Twig. I owe you two a bushel of apples." You thanked them as you and Katara joined the fight. You then saw Zuko about to sneak off with the scroll, but you quickly tackled him.

The scroll flies into the air and is caught by Momo, the iguana parrot sees him and tries to hit Momo, but Twig jumped on the iguana parrot. The scroll flies back down to the ground though. Zuko kicked you off of him and you both were about to fight, but he was pulled in by a pirate. You stood there a little dumbfounded, then just simply walked away.

"Katara!" You heard Aang yell and you followed his voice to see Katara trying to push the pirates' boat.
"Help me get this boat back in the water so we can get outta here." She said. You four kept on pushing, but it wouldn't budge.
"We'd need a team of rhinos to budge this ship." Sokka groaned, then you got an idea.

"A team of rhinos, or two waterbenders!" You said looking at Aang and Katara. They looked at each other and started to push and pull the water until the boat rises up.
"Everybody in!" You whistled Twig to get inside and you hopped in.

"Sokka, can't you make it go any faster?" Aang asked as you saw the pirates hijacking Zuko's boat.
"I don't know how. This thing wasn't made by the Water Tribe!" Sokka argued.
"But I know how to steer this thing! I stole a boat once!" You smiled and held onto the steering wheel.

"Sokka, grab that switch there!" You told him. He nodded and grabbed the switch .
"Now pull it!" He did so, and the sail turned to get bigger, gaining speed by the wind. But it wasn't enough as pirates got onto the ship. Aang and Katara started to use their water whip and waves.

"Hey, you did the water whip!" Aang smiled.
"I couldn't have done it without your help." Katara thanked him.
"Would you two quit congratulating each other and help us out?" Sokka self as you two were being held by pirates. Sokka was thrown as you smashed your foot against a pirates' foot, making him yell in pain.

Aang lands behind him and airbends him and the other pirate off the ship before jumping down to Sokka.
"Air boy! Ahead of us!" You shouted, pointing at a huge waterfall. A pirate tried to attack Aang, and he started to blow his bison whistle. Sokka kicked the pirate off the ship.

"Have you lost your mind? This is no time for flute practice!" He argued at the Avatar. Your eyes widen at the edge of the waterfall getting closer.
"We can stop the boat! Aang, together, push and pull the water!" The now two waterbenders started to create a small whirlpool to stop the ship.
"It's working, it's slowing down! We're doing it!" She said with excitement.

"But we have another problem." Sokka pointed at Zuko's ship heading straight for you, crashing into it. Twig hopped on your shoulder as the boat tilted into the edge. You all fell overboard, then Appa flies in and you land on his back as he flies off again.

"I knew a bison whistle would come in handy! Thanks Appa," Aang smiled at the bison.
"Yeah, we owe you one." Sokka said as you nodded while petting Twig's head.
"Aang, I still owe you an apology. You were just so good at waterbending without really trying. I got so competitive that I put us all in danger, I'm sorry." Katara looked at the saddle as she placed her hands on her lap.

"That's okay Katara." Aang said.
"We would've done the same," You shrugged.
"Besides, who needs that stupid scroll anyway?" Sokka, upon hearing this, gave an amused smile.
"Is that really how you feel?" He asked while holding out the scroll.

"The scroll!" Katara said in surprise.
"Guess stealing runs in the family," You snickered as Twig and Momo chirped at each other.
"First, what did you learn?" He asked her while still holding the scroll.
"Stealing is wrong. Unless it's from pirates," Katara said while snatching the scroll.

"Good one Katara!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zuko stomped his foot in anger at the sight of his destroyed boat.
"I was so close! Getting the Avatar, getting that, that criminal! Ugh!" He growled while kicking a rock.
"It appears that catching the Avatar isn't the only thing making you stress," Iroh said while looking at Zuko.

"Yes it is! Why else would I be this angry?!" Zuko yelled. Iroh raised an eyebrow at him, and made Zuko scowl.
"It's not because of that criminal! I want nothing to do with her but take her to justice!" He argued.
"I know you don't mean that, you're angry on what happened years ago. And I know you call her by her true name," Iroh said while sitting next to his nephew.

"All (Y/N) is, is nothing but trouble! Who does she thinks she is?! Hurting herself, getting herself outlawed, making enemies, and is so stubborn!" He groaned, making Iroh chuckle.
"You just described yourself Prince Zuko," He smirked, making Zuko's face heat and and crossed his arms.
"I'm nothing like her," He grumbled.

"Alike or not, the challenges you two faced were remarkable, and because of one little incident shouldn't damage the bond you once had, so mend it before you lose her forever. And I don't mean letting her run away again," He told the Firebender. Zuko opened his mouth to say something, but he just closed it and sighed.

"Fine, I will,"