Chapter 24

Chapter 24- Confrontation For Love

"I think I just figured out why they call it the Serpent's Pass!" Sokka gulped as you all made it to the surface, where the giant ocean serpent appeared and roared

"Suki, you know about giant sea monsters, make it go away!" Sokka shouted.
"Just because I live near the unagi doesn't mean I'm an expert!" Suki argued as Sokka lifted up Momo.
"Oh great and powerful sea serpent, please accept this humble and tasty offering!" He said, which made you punch his shoulder.

"No ya doof!" You hissed as the serpent struck, but Aang sent a gust of wind to block it.
"I'll distract it. Katara, get everyone across!" Aang said and flew up to distract it. Katara froze the water in front of you all, and made a ice path, she then raced down the water to help Aang. You helped everyone to run through, but noticed Toph not moving.

"It's alright Tophy, the path is sturdy to cross!" You shouted, but she shook her head.
"Actually, I'm going to stay on my little island, where I can see!" Just then, the serpent clashed its tail against the little rock island.
"Okay, I'm coming!" She yelped as she carefully made her way down.

"She's not going to make in time," You muttered and ran back to her.
"(Y/N) wait!" Sokka and Suki yelled as you held onto Toph's hand to pick her up.
"Ride time," You said as you carried her bridal style and started to slide across the ice.

"WATCH OUT!!" Sokka shouted as the serpent's tail was about to destroy the ice path, but you reacted quickly.
"Sorry about this," You told Toph as you tossed her into Sokka's arms as the ice broke and you felt the cold water surround your body.

"Bad time to say that I can't swim!" You gasped for air and tried to paddle, but you couldn't. The water pulled you under and the lack the fresh air made your vision blurry, but then you felt arms grab you. You resurfaced and you immediately inhaled to breathe again. You turn to see that Suki saved you, making you hug her.

"Your makeup just never comes off, does it?" You laughed, but then you made eye contact with Suki, making you both look away awkwardly.
"I-it doesn't," She coughed, and pulled you onto safe land.
"Thank you though," You said as you made sure Toph was okay.

"No problem," She mumbled as her and Sokka made eye contact and silently argued with their hands. Katara and Aang flew back to the rest of the Gaang and eventually, you all walked across the path to see something ahead.
"There's the wall! Now it's nothing but smooth sailing to Ba Sing Se," Sokka smiled, and you were about to cheer, but then Ying clutched her stomach in pain.

"Oh no!" She gasped.
"What's wrong?" You asked, worriedly about her stomach.
"The baby's coming!" She whimpered as her husband and daughter check on her.
"What? Now? Can't you hold it in or something?!" Sokka asked in a panic.

"Sokka, calm down. I helped Gran-Gran deliver lots of babies back home," Katara reassured him.
"This isn't the same as delivering an arctic seal! This is a real... human... thing!" Sokka shouted, making you roll your eyes.
"It's called a baby and I helped her deliver plenty of those, too," Katar raised an eyebrow and helped Ying.