Chapter 9

Chapter 9- Love Never Dies

You stood there in shock, staring at the facial or eyes of your father

You stood there in shock, staring at the facial or eyes of your father. You raised hand out, but then shook your head and turned around.
"It's a dream, it's a dream, it's a dream, it's just a dream, he's not there, he's dead, I... I killed him, I... killed..." You looked back once more, seeing him standing there, with his warm smile that always made your day.

"Hey little Pebble," He smiled his usual toothy grin, making you finally let tears fall down and a disbelieving shake of your head.
"Dad!" You took a step to reach out for him again, but then stopped, making Twig to coo at you.
"It's not... dad, I'm so sorry," You choked out, trying to wipe more tears away.

"You... you said that I wasn't old enough... to bend- to bend lava... a-and... I did- I didn't listen!" You hiccuped, feeling vulnerable with your surroundings.
"And- and now... well, now you're gone because of me..." Twig rubbed his head against you to comfort you, purring sadly.
"Dad... I should've been the one to die," Looking up again, you saw what you thought was your dad smile sadly.

"Little pebble... you were always so stubborn... but you have a good heart. Never forget that it was never your fault," His voice echoes through the swamp, and with more fog blocking his sight of him, you didn't want him to leave again.
"Dad!" You ran to grab him, but he disappeared within the fog, making you stand in water and wipe more tears from your face.

"Dammit... I let the swamp get to me... why in Roku would I ever think that he was back..." You spat out, now trying to find a way out of here. Twig's ears twitched and he hissed at something coming, but before you could move, you got tackled by something  and it made you fall on your stomach. You groaned in pain, but noticed familiar red and orange clothing.

"What do you guys think you're doing?! I've been looking all over for you!" Sokka yelled as Twig shook off any mud off of him.
"Well, I've been wandering around looking for you!" Katara argued back.
"I've been getting more lost looking you all!" You shouted back with the half truth.

"I was chasing some girl," Aang piped in, getting up.
"What girl?" You asked with your head tilted.
"I don't know. I heard laughing and I saw some girl in a fancy dress," He explained as you picked up Katara from the ground.
"Well, there must be a tea party here and we just didn't get our invitations!" Sokka said sarcastically.

"I thought I saw mom," Katara mumbled, looking down with sadness. You froze at her words, and hugged yourself.
"I saw my dad..." You sighed, with Twig cooing.
"Look, we were all just scared and hungry and our minds were playing tricks on us. That's why we all saw things out here," Sokka suggested.

"You saw something too?" Katara asked him.
"I thought I saw Yue," He looked away with a frustrated, but sadden look.
"But, that doesn't prove anything. Look, I think about her all the time, and you saw mom, someone you miss a lot. And (Y/N), well, she misses her dad a whole lot too," Sokka explained placing a hand on your shoulder.