Chapter 4

Chapter 4- (Y/N) Alone

"You know, maybe this wasn't such a good idea," You told yourself as you walked around the woods, a little lost since you didn't have a map

"Worse of all, I'm going to get found if I wear this dress," You pulled the sleeves of your fancy dress, and turned your head back to see the distant Fire Nation.

"I should go back," You simply said and turned, but then you slapped yourself.
"Are you crazy?! You just snuck off in the middle of the night, took a dagger, knocked out a Fire Nation Guard, and then escaped from not only the palace, but from the royal family! Full of firebenders!" You scolded yourself.

"Not only that, you cut off your hair as a symbol of no longer belonging to anyone! What would they do if they saw this?!" You gripped your hair.
"But yet again, if I do go back, I could beg for forgiveness just like what they want! They like it when people beg! Granted, I would forever be watched by guards and never leave their side! Or Azula's side, or by Zuko's, or Mai's, or Ty Lee's," You trailed off.

"Nevertheless, if I go back now, I would still have a chance of not getting punished! Besides, I look hot with my hair like this! My "fiancés" would think I look hot too," You told yourself.
"But yet again, I've gone this far, so why should I just bail? An (L/N) never bails!" You huffed and crossed your arms.

"Who cares? Being in the arms of the royal family sounds lovely and amazing!"

"But having freedom is better!"

"Living like royals doesn't sound bad!"

"You're going to be married at Sozin's comet! At age 13!! What the Roku (Y/N)?!"

"Don't patronize me!! I am just very lost at the moment! Figuratively, and literally!!"

"Oh, sorry your majesty, I didn't realize having rational thoughts made me patronizing!!"

"Who needs rational thoughts when you could just be in delusional love with someone??"

"I'm going to need you to stop being weird (Y/N), and go find Twig, because this is what happens when you're alone!!"

"What happens when I'm alone, (Y/N)?!"

"You start to talk to yourself and lose any shred of sanity!!"

"And how do you know?!"

"..."

"...Right..." You clicked your tongue and crossed your arms.
"Now I just realized I am fully alone, and..." You stopped, falling to the side and closing your eyes. Tears filled your eyes as you were stressed, lost, and alone.
"Dammit..." You hissed, wiping tears away.