Chapter 33

Chapter 33- Together Again

"We can take the train out to the wall but then we'll have to walk," Sokka said as you all started to walk"Don't worry, on the way back we'll be flying!" Aang said assuringly

"Don't worry, on the way back we'll be flying!" Aang said assuringly.
"Just don't forget to pack something to eat," You sister smiled, which made you blew a raspberry.

But then, you heard another voice call out.
"Jet!" You turn to see Smellerbee and Longshot.
"I thought you said you didn't have your "gang" anymore!" Katara accused, but Jet looked confused.
"I don't!" Je said defensively.

"We were so worried. How did you get away from the Dai Li?" The small freedom fighter asked, which made you perk up.
"The Dai Li?" You asked.
"I don't know what she's talking about!" Jet exclaimed.

"He got arrested by the Dai Li a couple of weeks ago. We saw them drag him away!" Smellerbee explained.
"Why would I be arrested? I've been living peacefully in the city!" Jet spluttered out, and Toph felt the ground and was also confused.
"This doesn't make any sense. They're both telling the truth," Toph mumbled.

"That's impossible," Katara said.
"No it's not! Toph can't tell who's lying because they both think they're telling the truth," Sokka pointed out and looked at Jet.

"Jet's been brainwashed!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would anyone want tea?" You mother asked you as you all tried to interrogate Jet.
"No thanks mom," You smiled at her, and turned to the ex freedom fighter.
"The Dai Li must have sent Jet to mislead us, and that janitor was part of their plot, too!" Katara guessed, making you nod in agreement.

"I bet they have Appa and Twig here in the city. Maybe he's in the same place they took Jet!" Aang exclaimed.
"Where did they take you, Jet?" You asked him while staring him down.

"Nowhere! I- I don't know what you're talking about!" Jet stammered.
"We need to find a way to jog his real memories,"
"Maybe Katara should kiss him. That should bring something back!" Sokka teased his sister, which made her glare at him.

"Maybe you should kiss him, Sokka!" She growled, and you crouched down to face Jet.
"I mean, I volunteer to," You grinned, and was immediately pulled away from Jet by the Gaang.
'Oh right, jealousy,' You thought, and you heard your sister giggle.

"Ooh, wait! I've got it!" Sokka then stuck a straw in Jet's mouth, but nothing happened.
"I don't think it's working," He said and spat the straw out.
"Try to think of something from your past that triggers your emotions," Toph suggested.

"The Fire Nation! Remember what they did to your family!" Smeller we told him.
"Close your eyes. Picture it," You said softly, and Het shook his head while sweating a little.