Chapter 4

Chapter 4- Awkward Tension

"Alright! Desert for breakfast!" Aang smiled

"Alright! Desert for breakfast!" Aang smiled. You grabbed a tart and started to eat as you felt a little comfortable back on Kyoshi.
"These people sure know how to treat an Avatar," He said muffled with food in his mouth.

"It's been a long time since I had any of this," You mumbled, taking another bite of the tart. From the corner of your eye, you saw Sokka sulking in a corner.
"Yo! Boomerang, what's up with you? Have a piece," You said, stretching your hand out to give him a tart.

"I'm not hungry," He said with a slight pout. You shrugged and gave the tart to Twig, who happily ate it.
"He's just upset because a bunch of girls kicked his butt yesterday," Katara smirked.

"They snuck up on me!" Sokka argued.
"Right, then they kicked your butt," She snickered. You chuckled too, making him huff and stand up.
"Sneak attacks don't count!" He said, grumbling and walking away.
"I'm not scared of any girl! Who do they think they are anyways?" He asked, taking some food and leaving again.

You tilted your head slightly, wondering where he was going. You then stood up and grabbed Twig.
"Where are you going (Y/N)?" Katara asked.
"I'm going to make sure none of the Kyoshi Warriors kill Sokka because of his ignorance. And to apologize to someone," You whispered that last part before leaving.

"Boomerang wait up!" You shouted after the boy.
"What do you want?" He growled. You chuckled and walked next to him.
"I uhh, just wanted to come with you to see what you're gonna do,"
"I'm going to teach them a lesson!" He said stomping his way to the training base.

You scratched your neck awkwardly and caught up with him again.
"I should give you advise, these are girls you don't wanna mess with, trust me," You told him.
"Oh please, what are they going to do?" He said opening the door and walking in.

You stopped at the door and peaked in to see the Kyoshi Warriors training, and see Suki in front. You took a deep breath and walked in too.
"Sorry ladies, didn't mean to interrupt your dance lesson, I was just looking for somewhere to get a little workout," Sokka said condescendingly as you scooted behind him.

"Well, you're in the right place," Suki said, then glanced up to see you, making you stiffen and look at the ground.
"And you're here too," She said crossing her arms again.
"Sorry about yesterday, I didn't know you both were friends with the Avatar," She explained.

"It's all right. I mean normally I'd hold a grudge, but seeing as you guys are a bunch of girls, I'll make an exception," He smirked while stretching. You sighed at his idiocy and facepalmed. You notice Suki's expression and stood at the side.
"I should hope so. A big, strong man like you? We wouldn't stand a chance," She said.

"True, but don't feel bad. After all, I'm the best warrior in my village," He said with confidence, not noticing the tone of the Kyoshi warrior's voice.
"Best warrior, huh? In your whole village? Maybe you've be kind enough to give us a little demonstration," She said with a grin.

That caught Sokka off guard and he stammered for a bit.
"Come on Boomerang, unless you're afraid that a girl will be better than you?" You said sitting against the wall. Twig laid on your lap as you watched on.
"Well, if that's what you want, I'll be happy to." He said.

"All right, you stand over there. Now this may be a little tough, but try to block me," Sokka got into position and tried to hit Suki, but she just hit his shoulder with her fan. He stumbled back and laughed a little nervous.
"Good. Of course I was going easy on you," He lied, making you smile at his idiocy.
"Of course," Suki smiled.

"Let's see if you can handle this!" Sokka lifted his leg to kick her, but she leg sweeped him and he fell on the ground hard. He growled and tried to attack again, but Suki spun him around and tied his leg and hand together, making him fall once again.
"Anything else you want to teach us?" She asked as the other warriors laughed. Sokka blushed in embarrassment as you stood up and helped him get untied.

"I told you," You smirked. He huffed and went outside, leaving you with the girls.
"So (Y/N)," You stiffed up at Suki's voice. You turn as she glared at you.
"Did you come here without any reason? If so, you can leave," She huffed and turn to resume her training.
"No! I did come here for a reason... to apologize for what happened those times ago," You said, looking at the ground and kicking the floor.

"And why should I forgive you? We did everything, and yet you still left us! You left me!" She said angrily.
"I had a reason! You know how dangerous my bending is, and how the Fire Nation wanted me captured! I had to leave!" You argued back, making Twig hop from your shoulder and sit a corner.

"Not like that! With just a note! You know how hurt I was when I found out you just left?!" She scowled, making you shrink back a little, and sigh.
"I know how I left wasn't smart, but if I told you that I was leaving, you would've wanted to follow, knowing the risk of being with me," You said. She said nothing as you internally grumbled.

'She's seriously not gonna make me beg,' You thought. But you gave in and got to your knees, bowing and look at her.
"Please, I would do anything to make you forgive me," You pleaded. She put a finger on her chin, pretending to think and smirked, making you realize what she wanted you to do.

"Train with us again, and maybe I'll forgive you," She said. You got up and scratched your neck.
"Please don't make me wear it," She raised her eyebrow and you groaned.
"Same old Suki," You mumbled. Just then, Sokka walked in the base.
"Hey Suki, (Y/N)," He said.

"Hoping for another dance lesson?" She teased.
"No I- well, let me explain," He stammered.
"Spit it out, what do you want?" She sighed. He got to his knees and bowed slightly.
"I would be honored if you would teach me," He said.
"Even if I'm a girl?" She glared. You coughed at his previous words as he looked up at her.

"I'm sorry if I insulted you earlier, I was wrong," He told her.
"We normally don't teach outsiders, let alone boys," She explained.
"Please make an exception, I won't let you down," He pleaded. You gave her a look, saying that he was good enough, and she nodded.

"All right, (Y/N) is being trained too. But you have to follow all of our traditions," She said, making you cover you mouth to snort.
"Of course!" He said standing up.

"And I mean all of them,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do I really have to wear this? It feels a little girly," Sokka asked. Both of you were in a Kyoshi Warrior's uniform and you felt completely weird.
"It's a warrior's uniform, you should be proud," Suki told him as you adjusted the chest part.

"The silk thread symbolizes the brave blood that flows through our veins. The gold insignia represents the honor of the warrior's heart." She explained. You stared at the uniform you wore, remembering the times you had fun training with Suki.
"Bravery and honor," Sokka smiled, just then Aang popped his head in.

"Hey Sokka, nice dress. Looking good (Y/N)," He smiled, before leaving. Sokka deflated as you just smiled.
"Now, first we do basic on the fan. It's important as it is not only a weapon, it's a part of you," Suki said handing you both your fans. You smiled at her, but she merely looked away from you, making you frown and huff.

'This is going to be a long day'