Chapter 23

Chapter 23- Never Thought I Would See You Again

"I could do this, Right, Twigster?" You asked Twig as he yawned while laying down on a table

"I could do this, Right, Twigster?" You asked Twig as he yawned while laying down on a table. You pouted at his response, and rubbed your face.
"I don't think I can! She's so pretty, and strong! And smart, and... she's way too awesome for me!" You whined, wondering why love was hard.

You then looked over to where she stood, training with the other Warriors, and you then had a determined look.
"No more being afraid, confront your fears!" You shouted as Twig stood up and hopped on your shoulder, where you gripped the flowers you picked tightly and marched forward.

"Look who it is!" One of the warriors pointed out, and they all greeted you with smiles, making you feel more confident.
'This is it! I'm brave, I'm brave! I'm-'
"Hey (Y/N/N)!" She turned around and beamed at you.

'Going to fail!'

"What's up (Y/N)?" You blushed and looked down, not wanting to make eye contact with her. The other warriors giggled and urged you to do it, but you were too embarrassed because every time you see her, you fall in love all over again.

"I... just wanted to say... that I-I think!... you and I are-u-Uh... cool together, and..." You stammered, while looking down at your shoes. Twig chirped and grabbed the flowers from you, and hopping on her shoulders, handing her the flowers instead, to your dismay.

"Twig!!" You get deeply embarrassed that your buddy did that, but she just smiled and let out a small giggle.
"Are you? Asking me out?" She raised an eyebrow with a amused and teasing smile.

You shyly nodded and closed your eyes to brace for laughter or mockery, but then you felt hands on your own.
"Oh (Y/N)," You opened your eyes to see her blue eyes softly gazing into your (E/C) ones.

"I was actually going to ask you the same thing today,"

"Sooo... is that a yes?"

"Of course, you dummy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hope these disguises work," You got out of your thoughts by Zuko's voice, making you pull the helmet over your head.
"We just need to lay low and find my dad as soon as possible," Sokka said as a line of guards ran through the hall.

"Guards! There's a scuffle in the yard. Come on!" One said to you three, and you followed outside to see prisoners huddled around another prisoner and a guard.

"I didn't do anything! I'm going back to my cell," The prisoner said, turning back to walk away.
"Stop right there, Chit Sang," The guard whipped a fire whip in front of the man. You furrowed your eyebrows as you took a step forward, but Sokka grabbed your hand.

"We can't blow our cover," He whispered.
"I've had it with your unruly behavior!" The guard said.
"What did I do?" Chit Sang asked him.
"He wants to know what he did, isn't that cute?" The guard smirked at you three, and squinted a little.

"Uh, very cute, sir," Zuko coughed.
"Super cute," Sokka faked a smile.
"It's almost pathetic," You said, silently wincing and apologizing to the prisoner.
"You didn't bow down when I walked by, Chit Sang!" The guard smirked.

"What? That's not a prison rule," Chit Sang defended himself.
"Do it!" The guard glared at him, but Chit Sang didn't back down.
"Make me," He huffed, and the two had a stare down.

The guard simply shrugged and started to walk away, but then turn around and swung his fire whip, in which Chit Sang bended it back. The guard kicked it away and tsked.
"Firebending is prohibited. You're going in the cooler," He smirked, and then pointed at Sokka.

"You! Help me take him in," He demanded and Sokka turned to you and Zuko.

"Meet back here in an hour,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You gave Zuko the last sweet roll as you two and the guards were in the lounge.
"Hey, new guys! I know it's the rule to have your helmet on at all times, but this is the lounge. Relax!" A guard smiled at you both.

"But what if there's an incident? If I'm not prepared, someone could strike me on the head," Zuko excused himself.
"And I... have a very bad... scar," You quickly piped in, wincing and mouthing 'I'm sorry' to Zuko.

The guards laughed as the female guard placed a arm on the table.
"Give it a week, they'll loosen up," She chuckledas you two sat down with them.
"Can the new guys ask you veterans a few questions about the prison?" Zuko asked them.

"No, you can't date the female guards," The female guard bluntly said.
"Trust me, you don't want to," The other guard whispered, making her throw a cup at him.
"Shame, we all are cute, right?" You joked, who king at her, making her blow a kiss at you.

Zuko furrowed his eyebrows with jealousy, but shook his head.
"No, that's not it. The Boiling Rock, it holds the Fire Nation's most dangerous criminals, right?" He asked, and they nodded.

"So what about war prisoners?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You okay? You seem tense ever since we got here," Zuko asked you as you both walked around the perimeter to check for your mom and Hakoda, and you were rubbing your hands together nervously.
"Even though I've escaped many prisons, I always hated the Boiling Rock," You confessed.

"Punishments are cruel, rules are unfair, worse than any other prison I've seen. Especially the commanding guards, like the one who attacked Chit Sang," You said while shivering.
"Young prisoners don't often go here, but Zhao threatened me so many times that I would end up here if..." Zuko placed a hand on yours, and gave you a soft look.

"You don't have to explain any further," He softy mumbled, and you nodded.

"I'm just scared that one day, I'll wake up here,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey there, fellow guard, how goes it?" Zuko asked a guard who resembled Sokka as you looked around the tower for other guards.
"Zuko? (Y/N)?" Sokka lifted his visor.
"Shhh! Listen, We asked around the lounge. There are no Water Tribe prisoners or Earth Kingdom prisoners. I'm afraid your parents are not here," Zuko shook his head.

"What? Are you sure, did you double-check?" You nodded with a defeated look.
"I always check carefully, I'm sorry Boomerang, they're not here," You said sadly.
"No. No!" Sokka shouted as he punched the wall.

"I'm really sorry," Zuko told you both.
"So we came all this way for nothing? I failed... again," You hugged Sokka tight as he laid his head on your shoulder.

"What would Uncle say? Sometimes, clouds have two sides, a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich! So... when life seems hard... take a bite out of the silver sandwich!" Zuko tried to share wisdom, but you just sighed.

"Maybe we haven't failed after all!" Sokka suddenly said with hope in his voice.
"That's the spirit! I can't believe that worked. I didn't even know what I was saying," Zuko told himself.
"Princey, I have no idea what you just said," You bluntly said, making him slump his shoulders.

"Yeah, what you said made no sense at all. But look, (Y/N)!" Sokka turned your head over to where the prisoners were, and you squinted a little to try and find where Sokka was pointing at.

Your eyes then widened, spotting one figure upon a whole crowd. How could you ever forget those blue eyes?

"Suki!!"
____________________________________

I'm currently typing this while in the hospital, to check on my appendix, so wish me luck!

Stay healthy and stay tune!