Chapter 44

Chapter 44- Love And Fights

"What do you mean they don't allow girls to use waterbending for fighting?!" You asked angrily, making Katara scoff at the words of Pakku

"I know, right?" She sighed and rubbed her head.
"How am I ever going to learn waterbending if he won't allow me?" She mumbled.
"Well," You trailed off, slightly kicking the ground.

"What would Katara do?" Katara looked up at you confused.
"What?" You grinned at her and pointed at the water.
"You heard me, look deep inside the water," You crouched down at the water where it went deep down.

"You're like this part of the ocean. You may be a waterbender, graceful and flexible with ease," You reached into the water, shivering at the cold.
"But deep down, you have the stubbornness of a earthbender, tough, determined, and greatly," One flick of your wrist, and a rock was shot up into the air, landing on your hand.

"Powerful," You grinned at her, placing the rock into her hands.
"So now you know, Katara would not let some old and traditional man tel her what she can't and can do, for she is an absolute queen," Katara looked at the rock you gave her, and smiled.
"Thank you (Y/N), I appreciate it." You shrugged and nuzzled Twig with a sigh.

"In the mean time, I'm going to explore the village with Twig, I hope I could see Yue again," You smiled and ran off, not noticing Katara give a frown that you're not staying with her. Twig was on your head looking at the people and making noises at them, making them turn and some kids giggle.

"Such a people pleaser Twig," You laughed, then spotted a boat with a familiar person.
"Yue! A nice morning, isn't it?" You smiled brightly at her, making the princess smile and nod.
"It's nice, and very beautiful," She commented.
"No need to describe yourself," You winked and finger gunned her, which made her blush.

"You think Twig could still have that tour?" You asked while pointing at your buddy, who turned confused.
"I'd love to, meet me at that bridge tonight," She pointed at a bridge in front of you.
"Great!" You stopped walking at waved at her as she rode off.

"Wow..." You breathed out, having a dopey smile on your face. As you turned to walk away, you almost bumped into Sokka.
"Oh, hey Boomerang!" You grinned, placing your hands on your hips.
"Hey," He simply replied, but you noticed the sad tone in his voice.

"Boomerang, are you okay?" You asked with genuine concern, making him blush slightly and shake his head.
"No, nothing is wrong." You noticed his eyes trailing to Yue, making you tilt your head.
"Are you jealous of me?" You asked him while pointing at the princess.

That's got him out of his trance, and he looked at you with confused and shocked eyes.
"What-"
"Hey, I get it, if you like Yue, you should've told me. She's really a great person to be around, so you should take your shot tonight," You smiled gently and patted his back.

You walked away as Sokka stood there as he reached his arm out slightly, but paused.

'Why can't you say my name like you do with Yue?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where's Sokka?" Katara asked you as she came back from her healing training.
"He likes princess Yue, so I told him to give his shot, and I bet he did," You smiled at her, although you felt a little saddened that you wouldn't get a chance with her.

Just as you said that, Sokka came inside and sighed.
"Yo Boomerang! How was the hitch?" You asked, but he just laid down on his bed and groaned, not bothering to look at you.
"That bad?" Aang tilted his head.
"I don't want to talk about it," He mumbled, then looked up.

"So, how's waterbending training?" He asked Katara and Aang.
"Master Poophead won't teach her because she's a girl." Aang scoffed.
"Why didn't Aang teach you instead of him?" You asked them as you gave Twig and Momo some food.

"Why didn't I think of that? At night, you can teach me whatever moves you learn from Master Pakku! That way, you have someone to practice with, and I get to learn waterbending! Everyone's happy!" Katara said with excitement.

"I'm not happy," Sokka grumbled.
"But you're never happy. Come on, Aang." Katara raised and eyebrow and the two current waterbenders left.

"You think it'll work well?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I would say no," Sokka whispered to you as you four stood in front of the tribe's chief's family, along with Pakku.
"What do you want me to do? Force Master Pakku to take Aang back as his student?" The chief asked you all.
"That's why we're here," You said as if it was obvious.

You made eye contact with Yue, in which she sadly looked away.
'Woah, did something happened?' You wondered about Yue and Sokka.
"I suspect he might change his mind, if you swallow your pride and apologize to him." The chief told Katara.

"Now listen here-!" You growled, but Aang placed a arm in front of you.
"Fine," Katara gritted her teeth.
"I'm waiting, little girl." Pakku said with a condescending tone, which made you want to burn him.

"No," Katara hissed with the ice underneath her cracking.
"No way am I apologizing to a sour old man like you!" Once she shouted, two pots of water exploded, making Twig jump.
"I'll be outside if you're man enough to fight me." And with that, she turned and stomped away.

"I'm sure she didn't mean that." Aang defended.
"She definitely did! If you were someone else, I would say things that Twig would never hear from me!" You shouted at Pakku and walked along with Katara.
"Are you crazy, Katara? You're not going to win this fight!" Sokka shouted at his sister who took off her coat and gave it to you.

"I know! I don't care!" She simply said.
"You don't have to do this for me. I can find another teacher, (Y/N) knows a lot of masters," Aang suggested.
"Forget a new master! Go kill him Katara," You grinned with mischief.
"(Y/N) is right, I'm not doing it for you! Someone needs to slap some sense into that guy!" Katara growled lowly, then Pakku walked down the stairs.

"So, you decided to show up?" You crossed your arms at him, but then he simply walked passed you four.
"Aren't you going to fight?" Katara demanded.
"Go back to the healing huts with the other women where you belong. And place a muzzle on that animal," He turned his head as he continued walking.

"And I'm not talking about that tiger monkey, it's the one who keeps yapping," You had murder in your eyes, wanting to use that rock you gave Katara to melt his ego away. Fortunately, Katara had the same idea, as the others had Fire in their eyes. Katara immediately made a water whip and whacked Pakku from behind.

"If you're going to say that about my friend and walk away, expect to fight now!" She shouted at him, in which Pakku turned and glared at her.
"Fine. You want to learn to fight so bad? Study closely," He then Bender two streams of water, and made a circle around the both of them.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you!" He smirked, and Katara redirected the water to hit somewhere else, that being Sokka. You snorted at that and cheered for Katara.
"Go Water Girl!! Show who is the better Bender!!" Aang watched you as you got excited and smiled brightly, making him slightly smile too.

Yue watched as well as you made little punching motioned as Katara and Pakku fight.

'Oh (Y/N), if only knew,'