Chapter 14

Chapter 14- They Knew All Along

"The Fire Nation is falling back!" Tyro shouted as everyone broke down the walls of the Fire Nation, and the Fire Nation soldiers retreated back

"The Fire Nation is falling back!" Tyro shouted as everyone broke down the walls of the Fire Nation, and the Fire Nation soldiers retreated back. You just kept on drowning these tanks with lava as Sokka was relaying the plan to Bato.

"Dad! You're on your feet again!" You heard him say and you turned to see Hakoda limping with Katara by his side.
"Thanks to your sister. I'm in no shape to fight, but maybe there's some way I can help," He said as you, Toph, Sokka, and your mother ran up to them.

"Everything's going smoothly and the eclipse hasn't even kicked in yet," Sokka said as Katara walked away a little bit, looking up.
"Let's hope our luck holds out," Hakoda mumbled, and you looked over to Katara.
"Are you seeing something strange Water girl?" You asked her, and she nodded.

"Yeah. Is that... is that Aang?" Your eyes widen as you all looked up to see Aang flying down and landed in front of you all.
"Please tell me you're here because the Fire Lord turned out to be a big wimp and you didn't even need the eclipse to take him down," Sokka said hopefully as Aang kneeled down.

"He wasn't home. No one was. The entire palace city is abandoned," He mumbled sadly, and your stomach dropped.
"They knew," Sokka hissed out.
"Did they say anything about this while you were trap with them?" Toph asked you, and they all turn to you.

"They didn't say anything at all, I didn't even know that they were doing this, I'm sorry," You admitted, and your mother rubbed your back soothingly.
"It's over. The Fire Lord is probably long-gone; far away on some remote island where he'll be safe during the eclipse," Aang groaned in frustration, but Sokka shook his head.

"No. My instincts tell me he wouldn't go too far. He would have a secret bunker; somewhere he could go and be safe during the siege but still be close enough to lead his nation," He explained thoughtfully.
"If it's an underground secret bunker we're looking for, I'm just the girl to find it," Toph grinned.

"The mechanist gave me this timing device. It looks like we've got about ten minutes until the full eclipse. Ten minutes to find the Fire Lord," Sokka explained while holding out a timer.
"We can still do this. We can still win the day," Aang said, hopefully.

"Wait. If they knew we were coming it could all be a trap," Katara piped in worriedly.
"Maybe we should use the time we have left to make sure we all get out of here safely," She suggested, but Hakoda shook his head.

"Everyone who's here today came prepared to risk everything for this mission. They know what's at stake," He told her, and your mother crossed her arms.
"If there's still a chance and there's still hope, I think they would want Aang to go for it," She said, and everyone looked at Aang.

"What do you think? You're the one that has to face the Fire Lord. Whatever you decide, I'm with you," Sokka said, and Aang stood up with a determined look.

"I've gotta try,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Appa landed at the volcano near the Fire Nation Palace and you all hopped down.
"Do you feel anything down there?" You asked Toph as she felt the ground.
"Yep. There are natural tunnels criss-crossing through the inside of the volcano," She explained while feeling the grass.

"Anything else? Is there a structure somewhere?" Sokka asked her.
"There is something big, dense and made of metal deep in the heart of the volcano," She explained further.
"Sounds like a secret bunker to me," You shrugged and Toph pushed the ground open, where you placed Twig with Momo and Appa.

"Stay safe. We'll be back soon," Aang told them and you four hopped into the tunnel.
"This way! That one's a dead end!" Toph shouted and turned the other way.
"What would we do without you?" Sokka grinned.

"Perish in burning hot magma," Toph bluntly said as you moved the magma away to shield the others.
"Yeah, pretty much.
"The tunnel continues on the other side and It leads right to the bunker," Toph said and you all stopped where magma chambers where shooting out molten lava.

"We'll have to be fast, but careful," Sokka said as he tried to move forward, but you pulled him back as magma was shot out of the channels.
"How is that careful?" Aang asked as you cooled down the magma into rock.
"I was wrong. We need to be fast, careful and lucky," Sokka corrected himself and you all ran through the chambers, with you cooling down the lava.

You all continued to run until you stopped at the sea of lava.
"There's no floor. It's just a river of lava," You rolled your eyes and cracked your knuckles, going in front and faced them.
"This is going to be fun," You grinned and took a step back, falling off the cliff.

"(Y/N)!!" They all shouted, reaching out to grab you, but then the heat of the lava faded as you cooled down the lava into earth, and was standing on the rock.
"Come on!" You shouted, and they slid down, with Toph punching on the shoulder.

"You scared us!" She hissed, and Sokka was about to pass out with Aang gripping his staff so tight that it might've break.
"Heh, yeah," You gave them a toothy grin as you all ran across the chambers and stopped at a huge metal dome.
"That's some door!" Sokka is in awe as Toph grinned, and tapped the metal door.

"Not a problem," She said and then broke down the doors, motioning you all to follow.
"Roku, I love you so much," You breathed out as she just gave a smirk and you all continue to run until a man walked around the corner, so you all surrounded him, ready to attack.

"The Fire Lord's chamber is that way, down the hall, to the left, and up the stairs, you can't miss it!" He quickly said and held his hands up, and you all cautiously nodded and ran off.
"Only thirty seconds until the total eclipse," Sokka said while holding his timer.

You all stopped at two big doors and Aang took a deep breath.
"I'm ready. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord," He bend a gust of wind to break down the door, and you all charged in. But Fire Lord Ozai wasn't there, replaced by the last person you would've like to see.

"So, you are alive after all,"

You froze, gulping and suddenly hiding behind Sokka at the voice of Azula.
"I had a hunch that you survived. But it doesn't matter. I've known about the invasion for months," She said proudly, sitting on the throne.
"And I see that my love decided to run off and crawl back to your little gang," You shivered at her tone, soft but deadly.

"Where is he? Where's the Fire Lord?!" Aang growled as Azula stood up.
"You mean I'm not good enough for you? You're hurting my feelings," She mocked a hurt tone.
"Stop wasting our time and give us the information. You're powerless right now, so you're in no position to refuse," Sokka demanded while pointing his sword at her.

"And stick to the truth. I'll be able to tell if you're lying," Toph angrily said.
"Are you sure? I'm a pretty good liar," Azula raised an eyebrow and walked down the stairs.
"I am a four-hundred foot tall purple platypus bear with pink horns and silver wings," She calmly said, and Toph paused for a moment.
"... Okay, you're good, I admit it," She said and trapped Azula in rocks.

"But you ought to consider telling the truth anyway!" She yelled, with you taking a deep breath and raised your hands up. Without warning, the rocks suddenly broke, and your eyes widen in shock.
"When I left Ba Sing Se I brought home some souvenirs," Azula smirked as people dropped from the ceiling and got in front of Azula.

"Dai Li agents,"