Chapter 20

Chapter 20- Tough and Rough Times

"Don't make me put this down!" Toph scowled at the sounds all over the desert

"Don't make me put this down!" Toph scowled at the sounds all over the desert. The sandbenders surrounded Appa and threw ropes over him to trap the bison. Twig hopped off of Toph's shoulder and ran to bite on of the sandbender's legs. The Bender yelped and tried to shake Twig off, but he used his claws to dig deep into his leg, drawing blood and scratches.

Just then, Twig was lifted off the ground by some sand dust and he then had rope wrapped around his neck. He screeched and attacked the Bender who caught him, but the thief just tightened the rope around Twig, making the tiger monkey cry and was thrown on the sand gliders.
"No! Stop sinking!" Toph shouted and tried to attack the sandbenders, but missed and kept holding onto the tower.

Appa was pulled away, and Twig was held down with a knife hovering over him. Toph shed a tear as she realized she failed saving the two creatures, and broke the promise she kept for you.

"I'm sorry Appa!! Twig!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)?... are you okay?" Katara asked as Aang stopped arguing with the Gaang and flew off, but you  weren't paying attention at all. You just stood there, staring into nothingness with a blank stare. You turned your head to face her, and she flinched at seeing your eyes.

They were... lost? It was like you weren't even there, your eyes... they were broken. The moment she placed her hand on your arm, you grasped her shirt sleeve and did not let go.
"We'd better start walking. We're the only people who know about the solar eclipse. We have to get that information to Ba Sing Se," She said, and you all started to move.

"You think if we dig out the giant owl, he'll give us a ride?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who knows how long you all have been walking, probably hours, but who knows for sure? You were behind everyone else, until Toph bumped into Sokka.
"Can't you watch where you're-" Sokka stopped as he realized what he said.

"No," Toph bluntly told him as you walked passed Toph and into Sokka.
"Right. Sorry," Sokka scratched his neck sheepishly as you didn't even care that people were in front of you, you just leaned your head against Sokka's

"Come on guys, we've got to stick together," Katara pleaded with you three.
"If I sweat anymore, I don't think sticking together will be a problem," Sokka said as he was stuck to your clothes, which Toph pushed him away.

"Katara, can I have some more water?" Toph asked Katara as she brought out some water.
"Okay, but we've got to try to conserve it," You slowly opened your mouth to drink some water, and Sokka tasted the water carefully.
"We're drinking your bending water... You used this on the swamp guy!" Sokka shouted in disgust.