Chapter 29

Chapter 29- A Play? That Brings Out My Inner Theatre Self!

"This house is very fancy. Too fancy for my taste," Your mother sighed as she sat down with you, Katara, and Toph. You sat between Katara and Toph, and the blind girl was laying her head on your lap as Katara played with your hair.

"Doesn't it seem kind of weird that we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?" Katara told her.
The four of you watched Aang and Zuko train, and you noticed Aang was getting better at his firebending.

"I told you, my father hasn't come here since our family was actually happy. And that was a long time ago. It's the last place anyone would think to look for us," Zuko explained to you, making you nod in understanding.

Just then, Sokka and Suki ran up with excitement with Sokka holding a scroll.
"You guys are not gonna believe this! There's a play about us!" The boy beamed and opened the scroll to reveal a picture that had Sokka, Katara, Aang, and surprisingly, you!

Twig tilted his head and cooed at you.
"We were just in town and we found this poster!" Suki smiled warmly.
"What? How is that possible?" Katara asked with a tilted head.

"Listen to this... "The Boy in the Iceberg is a new production from acclaimed playwright Pu-on Tim, who scoured the globe gathering information on the Avatar, from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba "His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage." Sokka read off the scroll.

"Singing nomads... hey! Chong and the crew!" You realized and snapped your fingers with a smile.
" "Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players."," Suki added in, which made Zuko groan.

"Ugh! My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered Love Amongst the Dragons every year!" He complained as your mother thought for a moment.
"I've been there before you were born (Y/N), it's not an accurate representation on characters," She told you.

"Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?" Katara asked, unsure.
"Come on, a day at the theater? This is the kind of wacky time-wasting nonsense I've been missing!" Sokka pleaded.

"Come on Water girl, how bad can it be?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why are we sitting in the nosebleed section? My feet can't see a thing from up here!" Toph complained as you sat next to her, and everyone sat on the top rows of the auditorium. Twig hid under your cloak, and peeked his head out to watch.

"Don't worry, I'll tell your feet what's happening," You smiled as the lights dimmed out and curtains pulled upward. The stage revealed the setting to be the South Pole, and in the center stage, we're actors who were resembling Sokka and Katara.

Sokka shook you and Katara as he smiled excitedly, making you smile at him.
"Sokka, my only brother! We constantly roam these icy South Pole seas, and yet never do we find anything fulfilling!" The actress Katara dramatically said and pressed a hand on her forehead.

"All I want is a full feeling in my stomach! I'm starving!" The actor Sokka joked, which made everyone laugh. Twig tilted his head as you covered your mouth to try and not laugh.
"Is food the only thing on your mind?" Actress Katara whined.

"Well, I'm trying to get it out of my mind and into my mouth! I'm starving!" The actor joked again, and Sokka was getting irritated.
"This is pathetic! My jokes are way funnier than this!" He complained.
"I think he's got you pegged!" Toph laughed and leaned against you, making you play with her hair.

"Every day, the world awaits a beacon to guide us, yet none appears! Still, we cannot give up hope! For hope, is all we have! And we must never relinquish it, even... even to our dying breath!" Actress Katara dramatically said and started to cry.

"Well, that's just silly. I don't sound like that," Katara muttered, annoyed.
"Oh man! This writer's a genius!" Toph grinned. Then, a cutout of a iceberg wheeled behind the actors and glowed to reveal a silhouette.

"It appears to be someone frozen in ice, perhaps for a hundred years," Actress Katara gasped.
"But who? Who is the boy in the iceberg?" You leaned in to see what would happen.
"Waterbend! Hi-yah!" Actress Katara opened the ice and who jumped out is other than Actor Aang, but a girl.

"Who are you, frozen boy?" A.K questioned A.A.
"I'm the Avatar, silly, here to spread joy and fun!" She... or he? They giggled and spun around.
"Wait, is that a woman playing me?" Aang asked, dumbfounded. A giant puppet Appa then jumped out and ran around the stage.

"An airbender! My heart is so full of hope, that it's making me tearbend!" A.K sobbed and got onto her knees.
"My stomach is so empty, that it's making me tearbend! I need meat!" A.S kneeled down too and cried.

"But wait! Is that a platter of meaty dumplings?" A.A gasped and pointed out.
"Ooh, where, where?" A.S looked around, and you just stifled your laugh.
"Did I mention that I'm an incurable prankster?" A.A giggled and smiled brightly.

"I don't do that! That's not what I'm like! And I'm not a woman!" Aang exclaimed in frustration.
"I don't know Monk boy, you do look good as a girl too," You trailed off with a smile.
"You think so?" Aang leaned out to see you, the anger fading away as he smiled.

"Absolutely," You winked as the scene changed to show a Fire Nation ship, where an actor who resembled Zuko and a man who resembled Iroh.
"Prince Zuko, you must try this cake!" A.I said and held out some fake cake.

"I don't have time to stuff my face! I must capture the Avatar to regain my honor!" A.Z said in a over exaggerating tone.
"Well, while you do that, maybe I'll capture another slice!" A.I licked his lips and started to scarf down the cake.
"You sicken me!" A.Z scoffed.

"They make me look totally stiff and humorless!" Zuko complained.
"Actually, I think that actor's pretty spot on," Katara smirked.
"How could you say that?" Zuko said in disbelief as A.I spoke up again.

"Let's forget about the Avatar and get massages!" He smiled.
"How could you say that?!" A.Z shouted, which made Zuko deflate in a little. Then you realized something about this part.
'Isn't this the part where-' Your question was soon answered.

Behind A.I and A.Z, a figure crawled out of the ship, wearing Earth Kingdom clothing.
"It can't be! How did you escape?!" A.Z asked in shocked as you knew that actor was playing you, but you were absolutely dumbfounded.

"Am... Am I glowing?" You asked as the actor had a light glow around, which I remind you is very short, and looks like they're about to collapse by small wind.
"I-I escaped, w-with the power of l-love and friendship!" She stuttered out, and you immediately shrunk down in your seat.

"Please no, don't let me be a pick me girl," You muttered out, and you felt your mother pat your back.
"Love?! Love is something I could never feel (Y/N)! I'm a... monster!" A.Z shouted, and your actor just shook and gave big eyes.

"B-But Zuko, this isn't y-you! I-I know you're i-in there s-somewhere, and I c-could fix you!" She gave an exaggerated pout, which made you gag.
"Your actor is... something," Aang managed to say, and you covered your hands in your face.

"The o-only thing I-I have f-from my past, I-is you z-Zuko, and T-Twig, my m-monkey!" Your actor scooted out of the way, to show their depiction of Twig.
"Look at that, a hog monkey," Twig stuck his tongue out at the sight of his actor, as the Hog Monkey screeched.

"Is no one else going to point out that I'm glowing?"