Chapter 17

Chapter 17- A Little Walk With Thoughts

"What's wrong (Y/N)?" Your sister asked you as she walked in your room to see you gave a pout and curled yourself on your bed

"Dad won't let me bend any lava! He says it's dangerous, but I know how to control it! I've been working hard, and he just tells me not to!" You whined and laid on your back. Your sister sighed and giggled at your childish antics.

"It's okay, dad knows what's best for us. If he thinks it's dangerous for you to lavabend, then maybe you're not ready," Your sister smiled softly at you.
"But I like danger! I don't understand! He doesn't understand what I could do!" You argued, gripping the blanket.
"(Y/N)," She laid a hand on your shoulder and gave you the most serious look she could muster.

"You need to realize that lava, lava is very deadly, and it might not only hurt the things around it, but yourself too," Your sister explained, making you look down.
"You may say that you won't get hurt, that you'll be fine and that you're going to control it, but soon those thoughts will cloud over your mind, and you'll eventually hurt someone," She sighed and placed her other hand on your other shoulder.

"Promise me that you're not going to lavabend until dad says you could, even if it means trying to practice, you'll hurt yourself or worse," Your sister pleaded, giving her puppy eyes that even you couldn't resist.
"Okay (S/N), I won't, but when I could fully lavabend, I'll show you how strong I could be!" She giggled and patted your head, making you laugh.

"I know you will (Y/N), I know," The two of you giggled, but a cough interrupted your sibling bonding.
"Dear (Y/N), would you help mom with setting up the table? I don't want to do it and I'm not repeating myself," Your brother raised an eyebrow as your sister quietly nodded, giving you a slightly scared look, while you shared a cautious look.

She turned and hurriedly rushed out of the room, flinching as your brother raised a fist, chuckling at your sister's fear, making you scowl.
"What is it (B/N)?" You asked him with arms crossed.

"Nothing, just need to talk to you about your lavabending,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You felt something wet against your cheek, making you stir in your sleep and opening your eyes to see Momo and Twig hovering your your face.
"Either I'm alive, or we're all dead," You yawned and hissed in pain as you noticed bandages on your left arm.

"You're alive (Y/N), but we were all worried," You heard Katara say as she gave you a cup of water. Looking up, you see Toph teaching Aang Earthbending, but he was struggling to do so.
"I see that they're up and early,"

"Both were equally as concerned about you, the blade was three inches deep," Katara said and held up the dagger.
"Hmm, I mean it wasn't the first time I got stabbed," You shrugged and winced at the movement of your arm.