Chapter 9

Chapter 9- Creepy Woman, Creepy Inn

"Suddenly, they heard something down the hall in the dark

"Suddenly, they heard something down the hall in the dark... It came into the torchlight... and they knew the blade of Wing Fung was haunted!" Sokka shouted as he drew his sword and pointed it into the fire. You head Twig huff in boredom as you and the gaang sat around the fire telling scary stories.

"I think I like "the man with a sword for a hand" better," Aang commented.
"Water Tribe slumber parties must stink," Toph commented, which made you laugh a little.
"No, wait! I've got one! And this is a true Southern Water Tribe story," Katara sat up and told you all.

"Is this one of those "a friend of my cousin knew some guy that this happened to" stories?" Sokka raised an eyebrow.
"No, it happened to Mom," That made everyone quiet down and watch Katara in silent. Katara looked at the fire and took a deep breath.

"One winter when Mom was a girl, a snowstorm buried the whole village for weeks. A month later, Mom noticed she hadn't seen her friend Nini since the storm. So Mom and some others went to check on Nini's family. When they got there, no one was home," She started, and Twig cooed a little unnerved, which made you pet his head.

"Just a fire flickering in the fireplace. While the men went out to search, Mom stayed in the house. When she was alone, she heard a voice. "It's so cold and I can't get warm!" Mom turned and saw Nini standing by the fire," You felt Sokka scoot next to you for safety as you gulped.

"She was blue like she was frozen. Mom ran outside for help, but when everyone came back, Nini was gone," Twig hid in your cloak, and you shivered a little.
"Where'd she go?" You asked Katara.
"No one knows. Nini's house stands empty to this day, but sometimes, people see smoke coming up from the chimney, like little Nini is still trying to get warm," She finished, and you gave out a small sigh.

"That's a good one Water girl. A true ghost story," You smiled at her, which she blushed a little, but then you heard Toph gasp.
"Wait! Guys, did you hear that? I hear people under the mountain. And they're screaming," Immediately Sokka, Aang, and Katara went close to you and hugged you tightly in fear.
"Nice try," Sokk said, thinking she was joking.

"No, I'm serious. I hear something," Toph argued.
"You're probably just jumpy from the ghost stories," Katara suggested while shaking.
"It just... stopped," Toph mumbled.
"All right, now I'm getting scared," Aang shivered, but then you heard a new voice behind you.

"Hello, children," You all screamed and went over to Toph, where they all hugged you as a old woman slowly walked into the firelight.

"Sorry to frighten you. My name is Hama. You children shouldn't be out in the forest by yourselves at night. I have an inn nearby. Why don't you come back there for some spiced tea and warm beds?" Hama smiled warmly as Twig was hissing at her.

"Yes please,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks for letting us stay here tonight. You have a lovely inn," Katara smiled at Hama, who poured tea into her cup.
"Aren't you sweet?" Hama softly softly as sat down with you all. Twig cooed as he hid under the table as you scratched his ear.