Chapter 19

Chapter 19- Lost The Fire Within

"I know you're nervous, but remember, firebending in it of itself is not something to fear," Twig hopped on your shoulder as you watched Zuko teaching Aang how to Firebend

"I know you're nervous, but remember, firebending in it of itself is not something to fear," Twig hopped on your shoulder as you watched Zuko teaching Aang how to Firebend. You convinced Katara that you'll be safe around Zuko if Aang is around, which took forever.

"Okay. Not something to fear," Aang took a deep breath.
"But if you don't respect it, it'll chew you up and spit you out like an angry komodo rhino!" Zuko shouted, making him flinch and you to snort.
'Might have changed sides, but he's still has that fiery spirit in him,' You thought.

"Now show me what you've got. Any amount of fire you can make," Twig immediately hid behind you, fearing that he would get burned again, but Aang barley make a spark through his palms.
"Maybe I need a little more instruction. Perhaps a demonstration?" He asked sheepishly.

"Good idea. You might wanna take a couple steps back," Zuko took a deep breath, and tried to bend a blast of fire, but it didn't come out. Aang clapped as you tilted your head a little.
"What was that? That was the worst firebending I've ever seen!" Zuko said.

"I thought it was... nice," Aang mumbled as you covered your mouth to hide your laugh as Zuko couldn't firebend anything.
"Why is this happening?" He groaned in frustration.
"Maybe it's the altitude," You guessed, but you knew that wouldn't be it.

"Yeah, could be,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a different temple, Zuko still couldn't firebend, and he was growing more irritated.
"That one kind of felt hot," Aang commented as you laid on your side, watching them.
"Don't patronize me! You know what it's supposed to look like!" Zuko growled at him.

"Sorry, Sifu Hotman," Aang apologized.
"And stop calling me that!" Zuko shouted.
"That ain't nice Sifu Hotman," You piped in, and Zuko just glared at you, but couldn't stay mad.

Just then, Sokka walked up to you three, eating an apple and watched.
"Hey, jerks! And (Y/N)," He leaned down and gave you a kiss on the forehead, making you smile.
"Mind if I watch you two jerks do your jerkbending?" Sokka grinned.

"Get out of here!" Zuko shouted at him, which made him rise his arms up in defense.
"Okay, take it easy. I was just kiddin' around," He turned to leave, but not before petting Twig on the head.

"Jerkbending, still got it," Sokka laughed and you just rolled your eyes playfully. Zuko whined at his words and his lack of firebending, making you kinda feel bad.

'That's rough buddy,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N), the curry is really good, balanced on sweet and spicy," Teo smiled as everyone ate your family's curry, making your shrug as you laid your head on Katara's lap. Twig and the colony were sleeping in a pile, which you thought was cute.