Chapter 14

Chapter 14- Just Like Old Times

'This is a terrible idea Boomerang,' You thought as you four sat on the opposite side of the Beifong family, you awkwardly pulling your hood up so they won't notice you

'This is a terrible idea Boomerang,' You thought as you four sat on the opposite side of the Beifong family, you awkwardly pulling your hood up so they won't notice you. Sokka sat next to you and scarfed down the food, while Twig slurped up the noodles.
"Blow on it. It's too hot for her," Toph's father told the servant, but then Aang held his hand up.

"Allow me," A small tornado made her soup cool down, which made the family clap in awe.
"In your opinion, how much longer do think the war will last?" Her father pondered as he ate his food.
"I'd like to defeat the Fire Lord by the end of summer, but I can't do that without finding an earthbending teacher first," You warily looked over at Aang, trying to see if he's really going to out Toph in front of her family.

"Well, Master Yu is the finest teacher in the land. He's been teaching Toph since she was little," You rolled your eyes at that statement, silently snickering at it.
"Then she must be a great earthbender! Probably good enough to teach someone else!" Just as Aang said that, he yelped in pain as Toph hurt his foot, making you cover your mouth, which made Toph smirk slightly.

"Toph is still learning the basics," Yu replied.
"Yes, and sadly, because of her blindness, I don't think she will ever become a true master," The three looked at each other as you silently coughed
"Oh, I'm sure she's better than you think she is," That made you bend his chair forward and had his face fall into his soup.

Aang grabbed the bowl from his head and then faked a big sneeze, sending the food all over the Yu and the Beifong family.
"What's your problem?!" Toph finally demanded and she banged her hands on the table.
"What's your problem?" Aang retorted, making you sheepishly taking another bite from your food as Toph's mother coughed a bit.

'This is going to be a long night,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sooooo, how you know the Blind Bandit?" Sokka suddenly asked after Aang and Toph left to talk. Katara hushed him to be quiet as you laid on the bed with Twig curled up next to you.
"I knew her about a year ago, while hiding from the Fire Nation, I stopped here so I could gather food and watch this cool event of Earthbenders dueling it out. That's when I saw Toph," You smiled and slightly blushed.

"She was so cool, taking competition out left and right, and I wanted to talk to her so I could pick up some new moves. That's when we fully became friends," You explained further, not noticing and jealous looks the siblings had.
"We were so close, just as close Zuko and I were, like Suki and I were, she was spitting out these funny, yet comforting nicknames,"

"We were rock buddies, we even made an oath before I left," You sat up and looked at them.
"That wherever I go, I would collect different rocks so I could give it to her, to see which type earth hurts the most," You pulled out a small bag filled with rocks.