Chapter 21

Chapter 21- Inner Fire Dance

Twig licked the goop away along with some aardvark sloths licking Aang and Zuko

"For trying to take our sunstone, you must be severely punished!" The Sun Warrior Chief declared with many warriors surrounding you.

"We didn't come here to take your sunstone. We came here to find the ancient origin of all firebending," Zuko defended you three.
"Yeah, right. They are obviously thieves, here to steal Sun Warrior treasures," One of the warriors scoffed.

"I don't steal things that are worthless to me, so..." You trailed off.
"Please, I don't normally play this card, but... I'm the Avatar," Aang smiled sheepishly at them.

"You use it all the time!" You said with a small smile, making Aang pout.
"Just hear us out," You told the warriors.

"My name is Zuko, Crown Prince of the Fire Nation, or at least I used to be. I know my people have distorted the ways of firebending, to be fueled by anger and rage. But now I want to learn the true way, the original way. When we came here, I never imagined the Sun Warrior's civilization was secretly alive. I am truly humbled to be in your presence. Please, teach us," Zuko explained, pleading for them to think about it.

The Sun Chief thought for a moment, and looked back at you three.
"If you wish to learn the ways of the Sun, you must learn them from the masters, Ran and Shaw," He declared.

"Ran and Shaw? There are two of them?" Aang tilted his head.
"When you present yourself to them, they will examine you. They'll read your hearts, your souls, and your ancestry. If they deem you worthy, they'll teach you," The Sun Chief explained, sternly staring at you.

"If they don't, you'll be destroyed on the spot,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you're going to see the masters, you must bring them a piece of the Eternal Flame," The Chief explained as you three stood in front of a giant flame. Twig snuggled up against you, not wanting to be near the fire

"This fire is the very first one. It was given to man by the dragons. We have kept it going for thousands of years," He motioned to the fire, burning strong and steady.
"I don't believe it," Zuko mumbled.

"You will each take a piece of it to the masters, to show your commitment to the sacred art of firebending," He said.
"Umm, Mister Sun Chief Sir‌, yeah, I'm not a firebender yet. Couldn't my friend here carry my fire for me?" Aang sheepishly asked.

"No," He simply said as he bended two sets of flames out.
"This ritual illustrates the essence of Sun Warrior philosophy. You must maintain a constant heat. The flame will go out if you make it too small. Make it too big, and you might lose control," The Chief handed Zuko and Aang the flames, where they held it close.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little nervous," Aang gulped and took the flame in his hands, in which he smiled softly.
"It's like a little heartbeat," He said, turning to you, making you grin at him, all proud for him.