Chapter 10

Chapter 10- Not This Town Again

You yawned softly as you stirred awake, hearing the screams of Sokka and Momo chirping

"Boomerang... what are you-" You got cut off by the small vibration coming from the ground. You pressed your ear against the ground and something big was coming your guys' way.

"Rhino lizards!!" You shouted at the Gaang to wake them up, and Fire Nation soldiers surround you all with weapons drawn.
"Give up! You're completely surrounded!" The leader demanded as an archer fired a flaming arrow at Sokka, who quickly got out of his sleeping bag to avoid the fire.

You picked up Twig and motioned everyone to get on Appa.
"Come on! Come on! Come on!" You yelled, but then felt something missing.
"My scrolls!" Katara shouted.
"My staff!" Aang jumped off of Appa.
"My bandana!" You noticed it near where you slept and a soldier was about to grab it.

You quickly lifted up a rock and morphed it into lava, throwing it at the soldier's way and snatched your bandana up. Hopping on Appa fast, Aang told the bison to fly quickly.
"Wait, my boomerang!" Sokka cried while seeing his boomerang on the ground.

"There's no time!" Katara pulled him back as Appa flew from the scene.
"Oh, I see, so there's time to get your scrolls, and time to get your staff, and to get your bandana, but no time for my boomerang?" Sokka argued at his sister, who simply nodded.

"That's correct!" That made Sokka deflated as you tied your bandana back onto your head, securing it with Twig rubbing his head against you.

'Too close,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry about your boomerang, Sokka," Aang told the boy as he wore a hat to hide his arrow. You all landed near a merchant shop to get supplies for the road, with Twig eating some meat you got him.
"I feel like I've lost part of my identity," Sokka sighed sadly as he got up from the ground.

"Imagine if you lost your arrow, or (Y/N) lost her tooth gap smile, or Katara lost her... hair loopies," Sokka went over to grab the basket of food as Katara hugged him for comfort.
"Dang Boomerang, I can't even call you that! Guess I'll have to renickname you," You sighed dramatically as Sokka whined.

"Here's your produce, ponytail guy," The merchant smiled.
"I used to be boomerang guy," Sokka mumbled and sulked away. Katara gave the money to the merchant, and he looked at her with surprise.
"Hey, Water Tribe money!" He smiled.
"I hope that's okay," Katara told him.

"So long as it's money. Have a nice Avatar Day!" The merchant said to you four as he closed his shop.
"Avatar Day?" Aang asked, making you stop and titled your head a little.
'Avatar Day, that's sounds very familiar,' You thought, trying to remember where you heard it from.