Chapter 2

Chapter 2- The Southern Air Temple

It was morning, and you were already awake and twirling a rock between your hands for Twig's entertainment

"Wait till you see it Katara, (Y/N). The Air Temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world." Aand explained as he got ropes on Appa's horn tighten.

"Aang, I know you're excited, but it's been a hundred years since you've been home," Katara said in a concern tone.
"That's why I'm so excited!" He said with a smile.
'Jeez, does this kid ever stop smiling?' You thought picking up Twig and standing up.

"What she's saying Air boy, is that a lot can change during your time in that iceberg," You said looking at them.
"I know, but I need to see it for myself," He said flying off Appa and going to wake up Sokka. You climbed on top of Appa and sat down in front of Katara.

"So... you were the only Waterbender in the South pole?" You asked her.
"Yes, that's why we're going to the North pole to find a master Waterbender," She explained.
"In that case, I should practice of being in the cold, and be used to the fact I can't use my bending there," You said, standing up to stretch.

"Speaking of which, may I ask what kind of bending you do (Y/N)? We have heard stories about you, but no one knows what you bend, and the ones who do never survive to tell," Katara asked you. You raised an eyebrow at that.
'Really? That's cool,' You thought.
"And the way you're dress, you're part of the Earth Kingdom, but who knows?" She said.

"Oh it's nothing really, I'll tell you when it's time. Besides, I know someone who is way better than me at bending, and she can fight a group of benders with her arms behind her back!" You smiled.

"And through all the benders I've seen, your Waterbending is one of a kind," You said, turning away to see Sokka freak out, not noticing the blush on her face.

"Lets go and see what your room looks like, even after a hundred years I bet it looks better than mine,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were laying on your back with Twig on your stomach as Appa flew through the air. You heard Sokka whine about food and Aang accidentally using his food for fire, making you laugh a little.
"The Potola Mountain range! We're almost there!" Aang yelled, making you open your eyes and look up at the tall mountains.

"Aand, before we get to the Temple, I want to talk to you about the Airbenders," Katara said.
"What about them?" He asked with a smile.
'Oh man, I forgot he doesn't know about what happened, even I'm not that blunt when it comes to this,' You thought awkwardly.

"Well, I just want you to be prepared for what you might see. The Fire Nation is ruthless. They killed my mother, and they could've done the same to your people," Katara said softly. Aang was quiet for a moment then gave a sad smile.

"Just because no one has seen an Airbender, doesn't mean the Fire Nation killed them all, they probably escaped," He said hopefully.
'I wish I had this kid's optimism,' You thought as Twig nuzzled against your chest.
"I know it's hard to accept, Air boy" You told him, trying to comfort him.