Chapter 1

Chapter 1- Awaken In Chains

"After what happened at Ba Sing Se, we had to get you to safety," Sokka told Aang as the Avatar shakily picked up his cup of tea

"We flew back to Chameleon Bay where we found my father and the other Water Tribe men. The Earth King decided he wanted to travel the world in disguise, so he set off alone, well, not completely alone," Sokka continued, and Aang looked around slowly, taking in everything and everyone.

"Soon, the bay was overrun by Fire Nation ships. Rather than fight them all, we captured a single ship and made it our disguise. Since then we've been traveling west," Something was wrong, he was here, everyone was here... but not everyone.

"We crossed through the Serpent's Pass a few days ago. We've seen a few Fire Nation ships, but none have bothered us," Twig and the colony laid in a pile, sleeping soundly, but Twig was making sad purring as Momo comforted him. Aang also saw a woman who resembled your sister, drinking some tea.

Someone was missing, someone important. Aang turned to Sokka.

"I... just don't understand, where's (Y/N)?" Aang asked, and the ship grew silent, looking at each other with sadness.

"(Y/N)... has been captured,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I see you're finally awake," The voice of Azula woke you up from your sleeping state, and you hummed to agree with her. The door the cell you were in had a small window, and revealed the face of the Firebender, who gave you a sickly love smile.

"Zuzu was too cowardice to face you, after what he said. Frankly, I think he went to far," Azula said as she opened the door to your cell. You were on your knees, chains wrapped around not just your wrist, but your hand so you wouldn't bend.

After the incident at Ba Sing Se, you collapsed with the lava disappearing and the palace destroyed. The Fire Nation took you and you woke up on the ship that headed back to your old home.

In the cell, your clothes were burnt and raggedy. Bruises and dirt all over your body, and your hair a complete mess.
"You look awful, we better get you a bath so you would be prepared to meet your future father in-law," Azula cooed, and you kept silent, just like when you woke up, staring at the ground.

Azula tsked and walked inside the cell, closing the door behind her. Walking in front of you, she crouched down and reached for you.
"Answer when I talk to you love," Azula said sharply as she placed her hand under your chin, making you face her forcefully. Her face softened slightly as she saw your face.

Your once soft face was filled with scars, on the bridge of your nose, above your lip, and on that your bandage covered all those years.
"Oh love," She cooed as you stared at her, blank emotions filled your eyes.