Chapter 1

Chapter 1- Breaking Out

Water

Earth

Fire

Air

Long ago, the Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.
Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished.

Years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war.
Your former Earth village was deep in the world, hidden from anyone beyond your land.

But you were banished for a unforgivable crime, and was an outlaw to your home.
You were running from the Fire Nation because of the crime and rumors, hiding in every corner and dodging any trap.

But of course, the fun didn't last long, and you got caught by none other than Prince Zuko. You weren't his target, for he was searching for the Avatar. Though having you prisoner after the rumors all over, it was just a little game to him that he caught you.

That's were we start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You slightly tensed as the rocking of the ship you were stuck in, woke you up. You laid on your back, looking at the ceiling with Twig, your Tiger Monkey, on your stomach.
"I bet you my last piece of bread that oh mister prince Zuko found another iceberg," You smirked at Twig, who cooed at you.

"You're right, how about my blanket too?" You offered to him. He nodded as you sat up and looked out through the small window in your cell.
"Yo! Helmsman dude! What did Prince Fire boy found? Iceberg? Otter-Penguins? Or "peasants"?" You asked the man who was standing near your cell.

"Shut it prisoner! And his name is Prince Zuko! You should address him as he is!" He scowled at you.
"You're no fun," You pouted at him. He glared at you and turned his back at you. You blew a raspberry and slid down with your back against the wall.

"Stupid Helmsman, and stupid Zuko," You grumbled as Twig crawled on your lap and nuzzled against you, making you pet his head.
"Hello my dear (Y/N)," You heard a familiar deep and soft voice.
You stood up to look out and see Iroh smiling at you.
"Hey Iroh! What's going on out there? Zuko having another tantrum again?" You asked with a grin, making him chuckle.

"My nephew has believed to found the Avatar, and the ship if going off again," He explained. Ever since you got captured, the only person that was kind to you was Iroh, Zuko's uncle. You talked nicely only to him and give Zuko a hard time.
"Really? Well hold up a Catgator and call it my soulmate," You laughed.

But deep down you felt a spark of hope that if there really was an Avatar, they could help you.
"Well you have fun seeing if it's real, I'll be over here bothering this guy," You said, pointing to the Helmsman, who scoffed.
"Speaking of which, I have gotten you something," Iroh handed out a bowl of roast duck, making you grab it and bow your head.