Chapter 37

Chapter 37- Fire Day Festival

Twig and Momo were running around as you spun around some rocks you picked up when the gaang stopped in front of a kiosk

"This should give us a good idea of what's around here," Katara said as she skimmed through the posters.
"See if you can find a menu, I'm starving!" Sokka whined as he shook his now empty pouch.
"I bet we'll find something to eat here, the Fire Day's Festival," Aang said and pointed at a poster with flames on it.

"Fire Nation cultural exhibits, jugglers, benders, magicians. This would be a great place for me to study some real firebenders!" He said with excitement.
"You might wanna rethink that. Look at this." Sokka pointed out. It was a wanted poster of Aang and... hey!
"Yo! I got a wanted poster! That's awesome!" You smiled brightly as you grabbed it. It was you posing in a cool position, with lava behind you and you controlling lava in your hands.

"Not awesome! What's poster? Hello?" Sokka told you as if it was the most obvious.
"I think we better keep moving." Katara said worriedly.
"I have to learn firebending at some point and this could be my only chance to watch a master's up close." Aang argued.
"Please water girl? It's been years since I've been to a Fire Festival! I only went to me when I was little," You pleaded with her, giving her the best puppy eyes you can muster.

"I guess we could go check it out," Katara mumbled as she blushed a little.
"What? You wanna walk into a Fire Nation town where they're all fired-up with their, you know, fire?" Sokka yelled.
"Only like, 10% of Fire Nation people are actually nice Boomerang, trust me, I lived there," You reassured him.
"We'll wear disguises and if it looks like trouble, we'll leave." Katara suggested.

"Yeah! Because we always leave before we get into trouble." He mumbled sarcastically as you all walked down a trail. You eventually saw the village and you smiled.
"You guys stay out of sight here while we go to the festival," Aang said to Appa and Momo. Momo hid in a bush as Appa hid behind it, but he was too big.
"You'll get to come with me Twig," Twig cooed as Aang turned to you three.

"Ready disguises!" Sokka and Katara put on their black cloaks, you pulled a Fire Nation blanket you had when you ran into that village Haru was in. As for Aang, well, he pulled his orange shawl over his head with a smile.
"It's like you're a whole different person," Sokka sarcastically said while you snorted at his appearance.

"Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You walked in the village, looking around in awe at the nostalgic setting. You then all noticed everyone wearing masks.
"I think we need some new disguises." Katara sweatdropped.
"Where are we gonna get masks like that?" Sokka asked her, then a man shouted.
"Get your genuine Fire Festival masks here!" He said as he waved a red mask.

"Plot convenience," You smiled.
"What?"
"Nothing," You four grabbed a mask, and you grabbed a small one for Twig. It was a dragon face, and you thought it was cool.
"Hey, there's some food." Aang pointed out to a booth as you walked through the street.
"Finally! What do you have?" Sokka asked the marketer.

"Flaming fire flakes! Best in town." He told him. Your eyes widen in excitement, looking over as Sokka ate some flakes, immediately burning up.
"'Flaming fire flakes', hot? What do you know?" Katara said with sarcasm.
"I always wanted to try some! I was always too young to eat those!" You grabbed the bag from Sokka and ate some, feeling a tingle in your mouth and you felt like you were in the afterlife.

"So good," You mumbled as you continued to eat them with Twig, Sokka giving you a pout.
"Hey, look at this." Aang said as there was a puppet show. A Fire Lord puppet appeared.
"Don't worry loyal citizens! No one can surprise the Fire Lord!" It said, then a Earthbender appeared behind him with a rock. The children gasped as they yelled to watch out. The Fire Lord puppet then shot fire through its mouth and burned the Earthbender puppet into flames.

You kinda winced at that, walking away with the others.
"Aang, hold on! Where are we going?" Katara called out to the Avatar.
"I don't know, but there's a big crowd so it must be good." Aang shrugged as you saw a man on stage.
"Knowing the Fire Nation, it's probably an execution." Sokka replied, making you nudge his side.

You saw the man on stage shot fire through his hands and doves appeared by the explosion, making people cheer.
"I gotta learn that trick!" He said in awe.
"Thank you! For my next trick I need a volunteer from the audience!" The man shouted to the people, and Aang shot his hand up.
"Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me!" He whined.

"What do you think you're doing?" Sokka sternly asked, pushing Aang's hand down.
"I want to get a closer look." The monk argued.
"It's better that we don't attract any attention to ourselves." Katara told him, then the man made direct eye contact with you.
"How about you, little lady?" You jumped and slightly looked around.
"You talkin' to me?" You asked in a strange accent.
"Awww, she's shy. Leeet's give her some encouragement, folks!" The man yelled, and the crowd cheered, a kid pushing you forward.

You gave the gaang a shrug as you were pulled up and sat onto a chair. Twig jumped off and ran to Katara's shoulder.
"This next trick is called "Taming the Dragon."! You will be my captured princess!" The man said as he wrapped a ribbon around you. He bended fire that formed into a head of a dragon, and it flew around.
"Woah," You said in amazement, making the man grin.
"Don't worry, young maiden! I will tame this fiery beast!" The man yelled as he threw a fire whip at it, using it as a leash.

"It's too strong, I can't hold it!" The man winked, making you snort and watch in awe.
"The rope, it's breaking!" The man let go and the dragon flew straight towards you, shutting you eyes in instinct. Then suddenly Aang jumped in and used his Airbending to make the dragon disappear, making confetti. The crowd started to boo, making Aang do a little dance as Sokka and Katara untied you.
"Hey! That kid's the Avatar!" Someone shouted, and guards ran up to you guys.

"We gotta blast now," You said taking off your mask and Twig jumping onto you.
"Follow me! I can get you outta here!" Someone in a cloak shouted. You quickly took off the blanket and the gaang followed him. The man threw a smoke bomb and you ran through the crowd of people. You made a speed bump behind you so the guards tripped over.
"I'm calling Appa." Aang exclaimed as he blew his bison whistle.

"I hope he can really hear that bison whistle!" Sokka yelled as you all turned a corner.
"This way!" The guards ran into you guys.
"Okay! Not this way!" The man threw another smoke bomb as you ran into another dead end.
"Great, now let's throw some hands," You said as you got ready to fight. Then you saw the silhouette of a giant bison.
"Appa! Down here!" Aang called out as Appa landed and struck his tail down and made a force of wind that caused the guards to fall.

You all jumped onto Appa and he flew off, not before the man throwing a smoke bomb into a box of fireworks, making them go off and make a final act before flying off.

"That... was awesome,"
____________________________________
Here's the wanted poster of you!

 was awesome,"____________________________________Here's the wanted poster of you!