Chapter 34

Chapter 34- Search For The Boy

"Momo! Come and get your melon before Appa eats it all!" You called out for the lemur, holding up two slices of melon as Twig ate some fire jerky

"Okay, that's everything," Sokka said and tossed the last bag for you all to leave.

"No, it's not. Where's Aang?" Toph asked you all, and you realized why Momo was missing. The lemur doesn't go anywhere without his friend.
"Aang? Aang!" You called out as everyone else went inside the house to find him.

"Come on lazy bones, let's go," Toph shouted, and you went to the balcony where he was sitting last night.
"He left his staff. That's so strange," You mumbled, grabbing his staff.

"Aang's not in the house. Let's check the beach."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look! There's his footprints," Sokka pointed out, a trail of footprints leading into the ocean.
"The trail ends here," He trailed off.
"So... He went for a midnight swim and never came back?" Suki pondered.
"Maybe he was captured," Katara said with concern.

"I don't think so. There's no sign of a struggle," Your mother pointed out.
"I bet he ran away again," Toph suggested.
"Nah, He left behind his glider and Appa," Sokka shook his head.
"Then what do you think happened to him oh sleuthy one?" She huffed out.

"It's pretty obvious. Aang mysteriously disappears before an important battle? He's definitely on a Spirit World journey," Sokka grinned.
"But if he was, wouldn't his body still be here?" Zuko asked.
"Oh yeah, forgot about that," Sokka deflated a little.

"I mean, I was transported into the Spirit World by Hei Bai, it could've happened to Monk boy too," You shrugged.
"Then he's gotta be somewhere on Ember Island. Let's split up and look for him," Katara suggested, and Toph immediately went to hug your arm.
"I'm going with Loud Mouth!" She said and very one looked at her.

"What? Everyone else went on a somewhat date with her. Now it's my turn," She shrugged.
"Mom, you and Princey go look around the beach," You told them, and your mother just shrugged.

Zuko awkwardly looked at her and put his hands behind his back.

"Your daughter... is a good kisser,"

"Sweet Kyoshi's spirit..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Tophy," Toph hummed in response as you both walked down the street, trying to find Aang.
"I was wondering something... since you invented metal bending," You started, rubbing your neck, a little nervous.
"Yeah?" Toph raised an eyebrow, an amused smile crawling up her lips.

"You... well- if you don't mind it! Could just- teach me... too?" You sheepishly asked her, and she stopped.
"You want me to teach you something I have learned in just seconds, while you couldn't control your sub element for years?" She asked you, and you slumped a little.

"Sure,"

"You mean it?" You asked, starry eyes as Toph snorted.
"Sure, whatever! Just don't be whiny like Twinkle Toes when he was learning how to earthbend," She merely shrugged, but slowly leaned against you,

"As long as you teach me how to lava bend too," She mumbled, and you hugged her tightly, and Twig crawled over and rubbed his head against her hair.
"Thank you Tophy!" You grinned as she just sighed, but melted in your touch, a small smile on her face.

"Love you, Loud Mouth,"

"I love you too,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and the Gaang sat at the stairs as Sokka flew Appa down in front of you all.
"Judging by the looks on your faces, I'm guessing you guys didn't find Aang either," He sighed.
"No. It's like he just... disappeared," Zuko looked down at his lap.

"Not only Monk boy, but Momo is gone too," You mumbled while holding a peach, Momo's favorite fruit.
"Oh no! I knew it was only a matter of time," Sokka gasped and looked at Appa.
"Appa ate Momo!!" He shouted and lifted the bison's mouth.

"Momo, I'm coming for ya, buddy!" He shouted inside Appa's mouth.
"Sokka, Appa didn't eat Momo. He's probably with Aang," Katara raised and eyebrow.
"That's just what Appa wants you to think," He accused and crawled inside the mouth, making you sighed and rubbed to pry him out of his mouth.

"Get out of the bison's mouth, Sokka. We have a real problem here. Aang is nowhere to be found and the comet is only 2 days away," Zuko said.
"What should we do Zuko?" Suki asked the prince, and you all turned to him as you finally pulled Sokka out of Appa's mouth.

"I don't know. Why are you all looking at me?" He asked you all.
"Well, you are kind of the expert on tracking people, like Monk boy and I," You trailed off, shrugging slightly.

"Yeah, if anyone's got experience hunting the Avatar, it's you,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You tilted your head a little as Appa flew towards Earth Kingdom territory.
"Zuko, I don't want to tell you how to do your job but why are we heading towards the Earth Kingdom? There's no way Aang's there," Sokka asked him.
"Just trust me," He reassured you all.

Appa kept on flying through a forest before landing near a loud cavern.
"And the reason you brought us to a seedy Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?" Katara asked.
"June," Zuko then pointed at a table where a familiar woman sat while fighting a man.

"Oh yeah that weird bounty hunter with the giant mole," Sokka remembered.
"Mole? Her skin is flawless," Suki commented.
"No, she has a shirshu, a creature with great sense of smell," You explained as Twig ducked to avoid a pint being thrown.

"It's the only animal that can track Aang's scent anywhere in the World. It's the one shot we have of finding him," Zuko nodded and you all walked over to where June finished kicking a guy away.

"I don't know who this June lady is but I like her," Toph smiled as you nodded in agreement. And suddenly, Sokka jumped up.
"Hey, I remember her. She helped you attack us!" He said, and your mom raised an eyebrow at that comment.

"Yup, back in the good old days," Zuko slightly smiled and stopped at the table.
"Oh great, it's Prince Pouty. Where's your creepy grandpa?" June looked up at you all.
"He's my Uncle, and he's not here," Zuko dismissed her.

"I see you worked things out with your girlfriend," She smirked at you and Zuko, making you smile and him blushing slightly.

"Yep, mister whiner over here," You joked and side hugged Zuko.
"So what you want?" June got straight to the point and sipped her pint.
"I need your help finding the Avatar," Zuko told her.
"Hmph. Doesn't sound too fun," She merely scoffed a small laugh until Zuko slammed his hand on the table.

"Does the end of the World sound like more fun?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nyla... Who's my little snuffly wuffly?" June cooed at her shirshu, who was growling at Appa, and she then ate the meat June threw.
"Whoa! Careful there," The bounty hunter calmed her as she strike for a second.

"Okay, whose got something with the Avatar's scent on it?" She turned to you all.
"We have the staff," Your mother grabbed the staff and handed it to June. Nyla sniffed it and sniffed the ground, going in circles until she laid in the floor, rubbing her nose.

"What does that mean?" You asked her as June petted Nyla.
"It means your friend's gone," She simply said.
"We know he's gone, that's why we're trying to find him," Toph said as if it was obvious.

"No, I mean he's gone gone. He doesn't exist,"