Chapter 14

Chapter 14- Spirit World

"Shit, Aang!" You shouted as you were being held by Hei Bai, tuning through the forest

"Hang on (Y/N)!" Aang yelled as he reached his hand out while flying. You pulled your arm out and tried to reach for his hand, but then you saw nothing but darkness.

'Don't go! I can't go anywhere without Twig! I can't go!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You groaned as you slowly got up, back aching. You opened your eyes, seeing no one around you.
"Hello? Anyone here? Boomerang? Air boy? Water girl?" You called out to anyone. The forest... looked different. You couldn't place your finger on it, but it just felt different.

"Hmm, this does not suit well for me. I have to find a way to get back to the village," You numbers to yourself. Just then, you heard something in the forest.
"Who's there?" You said, getting ready to fight. You stayed still, trying to hear anything trying to sneak up on you.

After nothing was heard, you cautiously let your guard down and walked around.
"Jeez, this feels so weird. I feel like I'm not supposed to be here. Right Twig?" You turned your head to look at Twig, but he wasn't there.
"Oh... oh! Hei Bai took me somewhere! But where exactly?" You pondered.

"Is this the spirit world? It's looks so... mystical. And humid too," You shivered and continued to look around.
"If I'm here, then the other people that were taken are here two. I need to find them and find a way out of here," You said as you ran through the forest to find people.

"Hello? If people are here. I am here to bring you home! Or at least, find anyone until the Avatar saves us!" You called out, but nothing.
"Great," You sighed and sat down on a log.
"I'll just wait until Air boy comes around," You mumbled, about to Lavabend, but nothing, making you groan.

"Oh perfect! I can't even Lavabend!" You did a raspberry and laid on your back.

"I'll just rest until something happens,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You then opened your eyes to see light again. You rubbed your head as you couldn't really remember anything that happened to you a few seconds ago.
'I was laying on a log, then that's all,' You thought, looking to see you're back at the village with other people coming out of bamboo.

"(Y/N)!!" Katara, Sokka, and Aang ran to hug you, and Twig running up on your shoulder.
"What exactly happened?" You tilted your head, trying to remember what really happened.
"You were trapped in the Spirit World for 24 hours! How are you feeling?" Katara asked with concern.
"Feel like... eating," You grinned, patting your stomach.

Night falls again and you four stood in front of the building with the leader and Kai-Fon.
"Thank you, Avatar. If only there were a way to repay you for what you've done," The leader bowed to Aang.
"You could give us some supplies, and some money," Sokka shrugged.
"Sokka!" Katara said, glaring at her brother.
"And some food if you don't mind," You smiled at them, making Katara sigh in defeat.

"It would be an honor to help you prepare for your journey." The leader told you guys.
"I'm so proud of you, Aang. You figured out what to do, all on your own," Katara thanked Aang, making his run his neck.
"Yeah, and thanks for saving me. Even though I can't remember what exactly happened," You grinned.

"Actually, I did have a little help and there's something else," He said with a serious expression.
"What is it?" Sokka asked.
"I need to talk to Roku and I think I found a way to contact his spirit." Aang explained.
"That's great!" Katara smiled.
"Creepy, but great," You said.

"There's a temple on a crescent-shaped island and if I go there on the solstice, I'll be able to speak with him." He told you guys.
"But to solstice is tomorrow," Katara realized.
"Yeah, and there's one more problem. The island is in the Fire Nation." Aang said looking at you three.

You stiffed at the mention of going to the Fire Nation. Remembering you oh so amazing stay there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't think you can find me here," You mumbled, peaking out to find no one.
"Found you!" You heard a male kid voice say and you yelled by the fingers on your waist. You both laughed and sat down.
"You're really fun to play with (Y/N)," He smiled.
"My sister is too annoying with her friends, girls are weird!" He stuck his tongue out.

"And you don't see me as a girl?" You raised an eyebrow with a giggle coming out as your friend's face heat up.
"No! I mean yes! It's just, you really get me," He said as you traced your finger on the dirt.

"Yeah right, your parents don't even know I'm here. Because, a Firebender can't be near a Earthbender, especially a Firebender like you," You sighed.
"Yeah... but I just want them to meet you so much! So people won't know that you're an imaginary friend!" He whined as he fell on his back.

"Well, you are sometimes crazy. So I guess it makes sense," You joked, making him playfully glare at you.
"You have no idea how much trading I get from my sister when I tell them I'm playing with you! It's unbearable!" He scoffed as he made fire from his hands.

"You know what happens if they spot me, then you'll never see me again," You stuck your tongue out at him. You then heard footsteps coming.
"My sister! Quick (Y/N), go!" Your friend frantically said. You nodded and made a hole in the ground, jumping in and closing it behind you.

You quickly dug your way through the ground, and you reached the surface of your home.
"What are you doing (Y/N)?" You turned your head to see your sister looking at you confused.
"Checking to find bones," You quickly answered, smiling nervously.

"Weird, but okay," She shrugged and continued playing with her doll. You got out of your hole in ground and wiped the dirt off of your clothing.
"I'm going inside now," You told her, and walked inside, leading yourself into your room.

You grabbed a piece of paper and sat on your bed, and began to write.

It's me (Y/N)!

I need to say that maybe, next week, we could tell your sister about me! I know there's a possibility that she'll tell your parents, but taking that chance can be important for our lives!

I hope that you get this letter and make sure no one else reads it! It's a super secret note! I also hope that no matter what, we'll be the bestest friends forever! No matter what bending we do!

You nodded happily at the note and rolled it up. You opened a cage in your room where a small fire bird was in, and you rolled the lapsed up to place in the small holder it had.

"Oh wait! I need to sign it," You said, taking it out and writing to who it was for

To,
Princey Zuko