Chapter 20

Chapter 20- Impulse Is My Middle Name!

"We've been riding for hours. I don't know why, but I thought this thing would be a lot faster," Zuko groaned as you three, with Appa and Twig, rode across the ocean. Appa then growled.

"Appa's right, Zuko. In our group, typically we start our missions with a more up-beat attitude!" Aang beamed as Twig rubbed his head against Zuko.
"I can't believe this," He angrily mumbled, making your snicker.

"You'll get used to it Princey,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Appa eventually flew down to the Sun Warriors' temple, and it was pretty awesome.
"Even though these buildings are ancient, there's something eerily familiar about them. I can tell the Fire Sages' temples are somehow descended from these," Zuko explained.

"Great history lesson," You nudged Zuko's side, making him roll his eyes.
"Hopefully, we'll learn something about firebending too. The past can be a great teacher," Aang smiled, but then nearly tripped on a wire, which revealed a pit full of spike.
"Aang!" You shouted as Twig covered his eyes.

Aang barley escaped with his air bending, and he turned to you two.
"Guys, I think the past is trying to kill me!" He said in a panic.
"I can't believe it, this booby trap must be centuries old and it still works," Zuko said in awe.

"There's probably a lot more. Maybe this means we shouldn't be here," Aang gripped his staff, but then Zuko ran at odd the wall and jumped on the other side.
"Where's that up-beat attitude you were talkin' about?" Zuko smiled, making you blow a raspberry.

"Show off!" You tucked Twig around your neck and used your bending to make a path across the pit.
"Besides, people don't make traps unless they've got something worth protecting," You told them, and they nodded. Aang took your hand as you three walked down the path of the temples.

"Look, this seems promising, though I'm not sure what this tells us about the original source of firebending," Aang said, the three of you stopping at a giant wall which had pictured engraved in it.
"They look pretty angry to me," You shrugged.

"I thought the dragons were friends with the Sun Warriors," Aang furrowed his eyebrows.
"Well, they had a funny way of showing it," Zuko mumbled and started to walk away.

"Zuko, something happened to the dragons in the last hundred years. Something you're not telling us," Aang said with a stern voice.
"My great-grandfather Sozin happened," Zuko simply replied.

"He started the tradition of hunting dragons for glory. There were the ultimate firebenders. And if you could conquer one, your firebending talents would become legendary and you'd earn the honorary title, Dragon," He explained as Twig hopped on a broken dragon statue.

"The last great dragon was conquered long before I was born, by my uncle," Aang clutched his staff as you crossed your arms.
"But I thought your uncle was... I don't know, good?
"He had a complicated past. Family tradition, I guess. Let's just move on," Zuko shook his head as you stopped at a closed temple door.

You felt the door, checking to see if you could open it, but groaned.
"Thousands of years advanced than us, it's made of metal!" You whined, banging your head against the door as Aang knocked on the door.

"Wait. It's a celestial calendar. Just like the Fire Sages have in their temples. I bet that sunstone opens the door, but only when sunlight hits at just the right angle. On the solstice," Zuko said while if pointing at the red stone above a pillar.

"Monkeyfeathers! The solstice again? We can't wait here that long!" Aang slumped over.
"No, we can't, but we might be able to speed time up. Let's see if we can outsmart the sunstone," Zuko pulled his sword out and shined on the red light beaming down, guided it to the stone, which caused it to open.

You know, Zuko, I don't care what everyone else says about you, you're pretty smart," Aaang smiled, which made you smile too.
"That's two of us monk boy," Zuko slightly blushed, and looked away in embarrassment.

Twig ran around the inside of the temple, with you looking at the statue poses.
"It says this is something called the Dancing Dragon," Aang commented, and suddenly ran over to Zuko.
"Zuko, get over here! I want you to dance with me!" He pulled Zuko's arm, which made you laugh.

"What?" Zuko asked as he pulled his arm away from Aang.
"Just do it," Zuko reluctantly stood in front of the statues.
"Let's follow the steps of the statues," The two started to copy the statue poses, and you noticed that each dance movement they did, a stone tile lowered.

"Don't you see? These aren't dance moves. These statues are giving us a lesson. I think this is some kind of Sun Warrior firebending form," Aang concluded, making you watch them in awe.
"Woah, that's awesome!" You grinned, making Aang beam at you.

"This better teach us some really good firebending," Zuko sighed, and the two completed the dance, and the center of the temple had opened a hidden slot under and revealed a pillar with a golden egg.
"Hurray!... Wait, what exactly is that?" Aang tilted his head.

"It looks like an egg," You raised an eyebrow as Zuko was walking over to reach to it.
"Well, don't touch it!" Aang grabbed your arm and pushed Zuko away.
"Why not?" You both asked.

"Remember what happened out there with those spikes? I'm just very suspicious of giant glowing gems sitting on pedestals," Aang gulped nervously.
"Fine, I'll do it then," You got out of Aang's grip and picked up the egg quickly. Twig ducked behind your back, but nothing happened.

"I'll name you Druk," You smiled at the egg, but then you felt something beneath you. And it's coming up fast.
"Watch out!" You shouted, and quickly moved away as Zuko got in the way of the goop's way.

"Sorry Princey!" You called out as Twig clutched onto you.
"I can't pull free. It's like some kind of glue!" Zuko shouted out as Aang picked you up bridal style and hopped onto a statue to avoid the goop.

"Go up!" You shouted, and hugged Twig close to your chest as Aang jumped up to the caged window. Aang grabbed onto the bars, and you grabbed onto it to bend it open, but your hands were stuck.
"I can't move! Zuko, do something!" Aang shouted as Twig squirmed through the bars.

"Me?! I can't move either!" Zuko shouted back just as the hoop rose higher and pushed onto you three, but it stopped suddenly.
"Oh thank Roku, it stopped," You breathed out as Twig stared at you three, with you in the middle of the two boys.

"At least we have air. Maybe if we stay calm, we can figure a way out of this," Zuko suggested.
"Twig, try and go find other Tiger Monkeys that can help us," You told your friend, who cooed and ran off.

Night falls, and you there were still stuck, and Twig wasn't back yet.
"(Y/N), what did we talk about being impulsive?" Aang sighed, which made you look away and blow a raspberry.

"There are good times, and bad times," You mumbled, which made Zuko growl.
"At least she made something happen. If it were up to you, we'd never have made it past the courtyard!" He shouted at Aang, who rolled his eyes.

"HEEEELLLLPP!!" He screamed out, making you wince at the fact you were close to him.
"Who are you yelling to? Nobody's lived here for centuries!" Zuko asked him.
"Well, what do you think we should do?" Aang raised an eyebrow, which made the prince pause.

"... Think about our place in the universe‌?" He asked, and you snorted.
"I'll go first! If the universe is expanding constantly, what is it expanding into? Are we just another star in another universe where there are creatures like us?" You asked them.

Aang opened his mouth, but then thought for a moment.
"Woah," Zuko mumbled, but then you heard footsteps coming your way.

"Who is down there?" A man bellowed down, and you saw Twig hopping down from the man and cooed at you.

"Whoops,"