Chapter 5

Chapter 5- Attack! Or Run?

You and Sokka started to move around, holding your fans out and striking

"You're not gonna master it in one day, even I'm not that good," She said. Of course, you know some basics as you were here a long time ago, but Sokka was still struggling.

"I think I'm starting to get it," He told her, before accidentally throwing his fan at a tree, making you snort and cover your mouth. Suki noticed and crossed her arms at him.
"It's not about strength. Our technique is about using your opponent's force against them. Loosen up," She said.

"Think of the fan as an extension of your arm Boomerang," You piped in handing him another fan you had.
"Wait for an opening and then-" You got cut off by Sokka bringing Suki by the arm and throwing her back.

You stopped and stared in shock as Suki has never been caught off guard.
"I fell on purpose to make you feel better!" Suki defended herself. You started to laugh a little as Sokka called her out.
"It's not funny (Y/N)!" She stomped a little.

"It was a little funny," You coughed. She sighed and wiped off dirt from her uniform.
"We would've been like this if you hadn't left," She mumbled, but you heard her and stopped laughing. Sokka noticed the tension and coughed awkwardly.
"Well then, let's take a break for a moment!" He suggested.

"Good idea, I'm going to get lunch," Suki said and left, leaving you and Sokka. Twig cooed as you picked him and and pet his head.
"Soooooo, what's up with you and Suki? Because it sounds like you know each other," He pointed out.

"It's because I did knew her, I knew very one here." You sighed and slid against the wall, Sokka sitting next to you.
"Before I got captured by Zuko, I was traveling all over the map, and I stowed away in a boat, making my to Kyoshi Island," You started.

"I was found by the Kyoshi Warriors, and I gained their trust by making a promise. They would let me stay and train me, and in return I protected them with my bending. I was close with everyone, but Suki was the closest. We spent more time with each other and... we started to date," You mumbled, making Sokka choke a little.

"You dated her?!" He said in shock and awe, making you blush a little.
"Yeah, and we did everything together. But after a few months, I knew I couldn't stay here any longer, because of the Fire Nation tracking me down. So I left a note one night, and stowed away in another boat to leave," You explained.

"Wait wait wait, so you dated someone, and just left like that?" Sokka said dumbfounded.
"I was an idiot! But I knew if I told Suki I was leaving because of me being hunted down, she would've come too and put herself in danger! I wanted her safe, but I was scared of what she would've done! So... I just... left," You groaned and placed your hands on your face.

"I hurt not only the village, I hurt Suki. I broke her heart and now she probably don't want anything with me at all. All because I couldn't trust anyone else, and because I was scared," You said with small tears in your eyes. You felt a hand on your shoulder and turn your head to see Sokka giving you a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry, I would've never imagine of being chased by an enemy, and falling in love, and leaving for their safety," He told you.
"It was very complicated, and I understand if Suki doesn't want me to be near her," You hit your head against the wall.
"Yes, very complicated," You jumped at the voice is Suki and her walking with food.

"Suki! How much did you hear?" You asked, afraid that she heard your confession.
"Everything," She simply said, making your eyes go wide and look down.
"I still don't forgive you on leaving me like that, but I can help you and your friends in any way I can," She smiled at you.

You smiled at her as Sokka clapped.
"Great scenario you guys, now let's get on with training!" He grinned, making you both laugh.

"Let's see who will win!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sokka struck at you, making you block his fist with your fan.
"Not bad you two," Suki said, making Sokka smirk and you rubbing your neck. Just then, Oyaji burst inside in a panic.

"Firebenders have landed on our shores! Girls, come quickly!" He panted out. Suki nodded and ran to fight.
"Hey! I'm not a-! Whatever," He deflated as you snorted, Twig and Momo running too.

You found Suki hidden on a rooftop, making you climb too and stayed hidden.
"Wait for my signal," She whispered. You saw the Firebenders on Komodo Rhinos, searching for Aang. Suki got her fan out and jumped off the roof.

"Go while with Momo Twig, it'll be safer," You whispered at your Tiger Monkey, making him squeak and run off.
"Now!" All of the Kyoshi Warriors jumped out and started to attack. They jumped the Firebenders off the Rhinos and pushed them down.

You saw Zuko in front of Sokka and Suki, ready to attack, so you tackled him off his Rhino.
"Hey Zuko! Long time no see! It's been a long time since we've done this, hasn't it?" You smirked, making him growl.
He leg sweeped and fire made the three of you get blown away. You hissed in pain, but managed to get up.

"Get down (Y/N)!" You heard Sokka call out. You spotted him and crawled over. The village was a mess, and you saw the Kyoshi statue being burned, making you feel saddened.
"There's no time to say goodbye," Suki told you both.

"How about 'I'm sorry'?" Sokka asked.
"For what?" Suki said.
"I treated you like I girl when I should have treated you like a warrior," Sokka told her.

"I am a warrior, but I'm a girl too," Suki said, before missing Sokka on the cheek. You smiled at their potential romance, but felt a pain in your heart.
'Maybe it was for the best,' You thought sadly, before speaking up too.

"And I should have apologized years ago too, I ran away once, I'm not gonna run away again. I have to stay and-" She cut you off by kissing you on the cheek too. You and Sokka both blushed as she smiled.
"I forgive you now (Y/N), now get going, we'll hold them off!" She said before running back to fight.

You grabbed Sokka by the hand and helps him climb Appa, Twig and Momo following behind.
"Appa, yip yip!" Aang shouted, making Appa fly away.
You looked on at the burning village, wiping tears away as Suki kicked a FireBender off, and looking up to see you.

"I know it's hard, but you did the right thing. Zuko would have destroyed the whole place if we stayed," Katara said to a saddened Aang. Aang looked down for a moment, before jumping off of Appa.
"Air boy!" You shouted in disbelief, wiping the makeup from your face.

He went into the water, before coming up with the Usnagi. He made the Usnagi spray water all over the village, taking the fire away. As he made sure the fire was all gone, he hopped off and Airbended his way up back onto Appa.

"I know, that was stupid and dangerous," Aang sighed.
"Are you kidding? That was awesome!" You said with starry eyes. Katara just hugged him as Appa flew away.

You and Sokka looked at each other and smiled.

'Same old Suki,'