Chapter 12

Chapter 12- Before the Invasion

Waking up, you watched the sun rise as Twig hopped on your shoulder and nuzzled your face, making you scratch his head

"Top of the morning, Momo!" Aang hopped up with a smile.
"Sounds like you slept well," Katara said.

"Like a baby moose lion. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord," Aang grinned.
"So, what's your strategy for taking him down? Gonna get your glow on and hit him with a little Avatar State action?" Toph said while punching the air.

"I can't," He replied sadly.
"When Azula shot me with lightning, my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe," He explained, but you just stared at him, confused about what he just said.

"You know what I just heard? Blah, blah, spiritual mumbo jumbo blah, blah, something about space," Toph raised an eyebrow and mimicked him with her hand.
"Oh, no. Sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?" Katara suddenly said while looking at in the distance to the ocean.

"No," Sokka looked out and through the fog, Water Tribe ships came out, sailing towards you all.

"That is the invasion!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom!" Your eyes widen and a smile grew as you saw your mother walking off the ship with other soldiers.
"(Y/N)!" She laughed as you tackled her for a hug as Katara and Sokka met up with their dad.
"I thought I lost you too," She whispered, kissing your head as you pulled back, giving a sad look.

"She's not here, is she?" You asked, already knowing the answer. Your mother gave you a sympathetic look and shook her head, making you look down with guilt.
"Even if (S/N) is gone, we'll win this battle for her, so we'll never forget her," Your mom reassured you, and you wiped the tears from your eyes.

"Katara, (Y/N), it's good to see you two!" You turned to see Haru, taller and had a mustache and goatee.
"It's so good to see you!" Katara smiled as you stared at him, a little unnerved about the facial hair, but shook it off.
"Toph, this is Haru. When we met him, his town was controlled by the Fire Nation. So he had to hide his earthbending," Aang explained to the girl.

"Katara and (Y/N) inspired me and my father to take back our village," You blew some air out and scratched your cheek.
"You helped us find our courage, you two. Now we're here to help you," Tyro walked up and smiled.

While Toph was talking to the Boulder and the Hippo, an explosion was heard and you all turn to see Teo rolling from the ships and his father covered in sap.
"Teo!" You beamed as Teo waved you over, with you crouching down and hugging him.
"Was that a new invention?" Sokka asked him.

"Yes, but unfortunately the incendiary capabilities of peanut sauce prove to be a failure," The mechanic licked the syrup off his hands.
"You're making peanut sauce bombs?" Sokka tilted his head.
"They're destructive," Pipsqueak grinned.
"And delicious!" The Duke piped in as Momo and Twig licked the sap.

"Were you able to complete work on the plans I send you?" Sokka asked the mechanic, who nodded.
"Yes, I was, and I think the Fire Nation will be quite surprised.
"Aang, my dad and I made this for you," Teo gave him a new staff, and it formed into a blue colored glider.

"A new glider! This is amazing!" Aang smiled brightly.
"And as a special feature, I added the snack compartment," The mechanic twisted the handle and oats and berries fell out.
"Uh, well I'm sure that will come in handy," Aang mumbled.

"Hunger will always struck air boy, even in battle,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone soon sat down, ready for the plans to be explained, but Sokka gulped nervously.
"You're gonna do fine Boomerang, trust me," You smiled and kissed his cheek, which made him nod and walked up to the front.

"Good morning everyone!" Sokka started, but then tripped over, making Twig cover his eyes and your mother to tilt her head a little.
"So, as you know, today, we're invading the Fire Nation. I mean, I know you know that because otherwise why else would you be here?" He nervously joked, but then cleared his throat.

"Uh anyway, the Fire Lord's palace is here," He pointed at the map, but then flipped a few pages over.
"Uh nope, uh wait, it's here, and uh, there's an eclipse today and Aang's gonna fight the Fire Lord and the firebenders won't have any fire to use so that's good for us!" He rambled on with nerves all over.

"Oh dear," Your mother mumbled, placing a hand on her cheek.
"And... um... I'm sorry let me start at the beginning," Sokka took a big breath and stood up straight.

"Katara and I discovered Aang frozen in an iceberg, now I didn't like Aang at first but grew to love him over time, then we met (Y/N) in a Fire Nation ship, and I also didn't trust her considering she was known as a crazy criminal, but now I love her very much and we're all dating her," He explained quickly.

"Then we went to the Southern Air Temple where Aang used to live and then we met Suki, who's a Kyoshi warrior, and also (Y/N) ex-ex girlfriend. She dressed me like a woman and then she kissed me and (Y/N), and then Aang's friend was a crazy old king and-" He kept on talking about it, and you just covered your face.

"Wow, when he says the beginning he means the beginning beginning," Katara mumbled.
"Why did he have to mention the ex part?" You groaned as Hakoda stood up and walked over to Sokka.
"And then Katara got Haru arrested and then now he's grown a mustache which if you look at him in the front row you can see it-"

"Thank you, Sokka. It's okay why don't you take a break?" He stopped Sokka from talking, and he quickly walked off stage.
"Let me just clarify a few points for everyone. Today, is the day of black sun, and I want to thank you all for your self-sacrifice, and your courage. There are two steps to the invasion, a naval stage, and then a land stage," The man explained to the soldiers.

"To gain sea access to the Fire Nation capital, we need to get past our first major obstacle here," He pointed to the map.
"The Great Gates of Azulon. Next, we hit the land, and we hit hard. We must fight past their battlements and secure the plaza tower. Once we do that, it's up to the Royal Palace. At that point, the eclipse will begin," Hakoda finished with a stern voice.

"Excuse me, The Boulder is confused. Isn't the point to invade during the eclipse, when the firebenders are powerless?" The Boulder crossed his arms.
"The eclipse only lasts eight minutes, not enough time for the whole invasion. And the Royal Palace is heavily guarded by firebenders," Hakoda answered.

"So that's where we'll need the eclipse's advantage the most. When this is finished, the Avatar will have defeated the Fire Lord. We will have control of the Fire Nation capital, and this war will be over!" Everyone cheered at those words, but Sokka looked down in shame.

Everyone soon started to gear up, changing back into their nations clothing. You got an upgrade on your clothing since you never got your old clothes from the palace. You grew confident with your scars, and were no longer afraid to show it, so you got rid of the bandages and pulled your your father's bandana that was hidden around your arm.

You placed it around your neck as your mother walked up to you, and she placed a hand on your shoulder.
"You remind me so much of him, he would be so proud of you," She smiled softly, and you smiled back while Twig hopped up your shoulder with a little helmet on his head.

"He's proud of both of us,"
____________________________________

Wow, 8 more episodes y'all, crazy huh?

But I hope you're enjoying it so far, since I accidentally deleted my already planned book 2 and 3, it's been fun and tiring on rewriting everything again.

So stay healthy and stay tune!