Chapter 12

Chapter 12- Welcome Back Old Friend

"Quickly Twig!" You hurriedly whisper to your bud as you hid behind a tree, peering over as you saw a girl bending her way over a wall

"Quickly Twig!" You hurriedly whisper to your bud as you hid behind a tree, peering over as you saw a girl bending her way over a wall. Earlier, you snuck your way into a battling arena for fun with your new companion, Twig. During the battle, their number one champion captured your eye, not because of her being blind and appearing to be younger than you, but her bending skills.

"Stay here," You hushed Twig as you placed him on the roof, sliding down and landing on the grass to find the girl.
'Where is she?' Your question was soon answered as the ground below you shook and you were pushed forward, only stopping when the girl you saw was inches away from your face, which made you yelp.

"Who are you and what are you doing in this garden?" She demanded, the grey faded eyes staring into nothingness, but you know she was being serious.
"I-I'm not doing anything bad! I-I just saw you at t-the tournament, a-and I wanted to say that you were a-amaz-" Before you continued, she made a rock wall around you and pushed you underground, startling you until your upper body was above the ground.

"You talk loud," She scoffed, before crouching down and felt your hair.
"Your hair is greasy, you should wash it. Anyways, what do you want?" She asked you, still looking cautious of you. You smiled and bended your way back on the surface, beaming brightly.
"I want to be friends!" You claimed as you stuck your hand out, but was useless as she didn't see it.

"Pfft, what's the catch?" She crossed her arms.
"There is none, when I watched you battle, it was so cool and awesome when you kicked all of those benders' butts!" You said with starry eyes, and your enthusiasm made her freeze for a minute, before her face heated up a little.
"... what's your name loud mouth?" She tilted her head, you snorting at the nickname.

"(Y/N), may I ask for a real name, Blind Bandit?" You grinned, which made her laugh.
"Toph, if you want to be friends, how good are you at getting into trouble?" She asked you with a genuine friendly smile.

"Oh you have no idea,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'You really had no idea,' You thought as you smiled at the memory you had with your rock buddy, before you heard Aang coming back from his Earthbending lesson.
"He's not the one," Aang mumbled while scratching his head. You chuckled as you knew a man like that teacher would only teach kindergarten lessons.

Just then, two boys from the class walked out was were talking loud.
"I think The Boulder's going to win back the belt at Earth Rumble 6," One said with a grin.
"He's going to have to fight his way through the best earthbenders in the world to get a shot at the champ," The other boy retorted.

That name, Earth Rumble Six, that sounded very familiar, like you... hold on.
"Earth Rumble...? Wait-!" You stood up fast and got the boys' attention.
"Wait, this is Gaoling right?" You asked the boys, making them look at each other.
"Duh," He said as if it was obvious, but you gintoed that as your eyes widen with shock and excitement.

"What is it (Y/N)?" Aang asked you as Twig cooed happily that you're excited.
"Hold onto your bags guys, because we're going to Earth Rumble 6!" You said as Katara giggled at your excitement, always loving that you beam.
"Pfft, as if you know the location, girly. But I'd gladly tell you if you give me a hook up tonight~?" The boy smirked as the Gaang glares at him with a deadly stare.

They simply laughed and walked away, which made you and Katara look at each other, nod, and one got frozen in water as the other was hanging upside down by a rock tower.
"Enough of that, let's go, let's go, let's go!!" You squealed like a child in a candy store, pulling their arms and dragging them away.
"Okay, okay!" Katara and Aang smiled, but then Sokka realized something.

"What was I thinking? I don't need a new bag! Why did you let me buy this?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sliding inside Earth Rumble 6, you were holding Twig closely as he was too very excited to see this fight.
"Hey, front row seats! I wonder why no one else is sitting here,"Aang wondered as the Gaang sat down, but then a giant rock almost crushes them.

"That's why," You chuckled, sitting between Aang and Katara, few giddy. A man in the ring lifted up the ground below him and raised his hand out.

"Welcome to Earth Rumble VI! I am your host, Xin Fu!" He announced, making the crowd cheer.
"This is just going to be a bunch of guys chucking rocks at each other, isn't it?" Katara sighed, seemingly uninterested.
"Oh you just wait Water girl," You nudged her, wanting her to watch.

"The rules are simple. Just knock the other guy out of the ring, and you win!" Xin Fu explained as a muscley man stood tall.
"Round one: The Boulder vs. The Big Bad Hippo!" Another large man appeared in the ring, the two facing each other.
"Listen up, Hippo. You may be big, but you ain't bad! The Boulder's gonna win this in a landslide!" The Boulder grinned cockily.

"Hippo mad!" Hippo roared, stomping his foot and made the ground shake, making Momo hide behind Twig, who watched in awe. The Boulder launches chunks of rocks at Hippo, who caught some in his mouth, spitting it out and shook the ring rapidly.
"Unbelievable, ladies and gentlemen! The Hippo is rocking the boat!" Xin Fu narrated.

Before The Boulder could fall, he caught himself and managed to raise the ground below Hippo.
"Look at these big shots," You chuckled as Aang looked at you curiously.
"What do you mean?" He asked as you smiled in amusement.

"Look at the way they stand, they ain't listening to the earth, they're listening to what muscle they have. They think that these 'techniques' are the way to go, but being all strong physically and making power moves ain't it." You explained as the Boulder threw the Hippo out of the ring.

"But I'm here for a different reason that to mock these benders," You muttered as Twig made a excited noise. Soon The Boulder continued to knock every Bender out of the ring, making you roll your eyes, but you knew it'll be worth it at the end.
"Now, the moment you've all been waiting for," You scooted further out of your seat to see better, feeling butterflies in your stomach from anticipation.

'Is this it? Is this really-?' You got snapped out of your thoughts at the light were aimed at one person standing in the ring holding a belt.

"The Boulder versus your champion... the Blind Bandit!

That made you literally vibrate, squealing like a schoolgirl, how embarrassing.
"She can't really be blind. It's just part of her character, right?" Katara questioned, not believe that a bling girl is fighting.
'Dhskdvdhsbsvdbfjdbsnsbdgd,' Was all you thought as you see your favorite Earthbender ever.
"I think she is," Aang told her.
"I think she is going down!" Sokka boomed as you rolled your eyes with a grin.

"You better eat those words later Boomerang,"
____________________________________

FHDKDBDH (Y/N) is being an absolute chaotic mess, we love that!

And just for fun, here is a little au!

Stay healthy and stay tune!