Hunger pains | Naib

He could smell it from his room. The smell of meat being baked and fried, smoked and battered made his stomach growl with envy. He wanted it so bad-

Naghh!

Naib gripped his stomach,"Damn her" he growled, this was all your fault! Every since you came to the manor your nonstop, constant cooking had driven him up the walls! Every morning there was some sort of new spread and Every dinner there was a full blown meal! Being the mercenary he was,Naib couldn't just go around eating anything,he had to be careful! But you were making it so hard!

Naghhhh!

"Thats it!" He sat up from his bed, he wasn't going to let this go on any longer! Maybe if he watched you work and made sure you didn't tamper with the food; he could get himself to eat. Slipping on his hoody and pulling his hair into a tail he shuffled downstairs on a mission! He was going to eat that good smelling food even if it killed him!

As he got closer Naib could smell something sweet and chocolatly baking, did you make another cake? Or perhaps brownies? Man that sounded good right about now-

"-eye on the food, I'm going to give this to Luca and Tracy!"

Naib leaned on the wall,listening to you and whomever you were speaking too.

"Ah, ok"

Sounded like Andrew,that quiet albino fellow. If it was just him maybe he could sneak- Uh test a piece out, just to be on the safe side.

The moment he heard your footsteps fade away and the door to the basement slam shut he immediately made his way to the kitchen. There were bowls and trays covered in pasta,hams,turkey pork with potatoes,corn and and a massive bowl of cut fruit. It looked like something out of a magazine if he was honest! He wasn't sure how you always managed to create such bountiful spreads like this maybe it had to do with Mark on the center of your chest? Cause he knew for a fact that there weren't any apples in the garden.

"Miss.___ where do I put the- oh" Andrew hadn't been expecting the assassin.

"Yeah..."

Well this was awkward, neither men were much for talking and he was struggling to keep his eyes off the food.

"Is...is the food any good?" He didn't need anyone to answer that question with the way those potatoes were staring at him.

"Miss.___ makes very good food, she even makes things for the hunters," Andrew played with his fingers for a moment until the sound of the kitchen door creaked open. Naib reached the small military knife he always kept on him and turned.

"Is,___, in here?" William asked, looking around. When he saw that you weren't guarding the food he immediately made his way inside,"oh man that smoked pork looks good!" He immediately reached for a perfectly sliced smoked pork slice.

"I'll tell miss.___! She told me to watch for romeing hands"

William was known to get his plate early and not share,you'd told Andrew to warn the football player if you ever had to leave for whatever reason.

"Aww come on Andrew! I know you've been wanting to get a slice of that cake for hours now! Just one slice! Come on!"

"She'll be very upset"

"Is she really that scary?" Naib asked,he'd heard rumors about your anger when it came to ruining dishes or eating when the food wasn't ready. He'd never experienced it himself but it couldn't be that bad right?

"Shes not gunna know! Come on! I'm hungry,I just finished working out"

Andrew shook his head,"I'd better ask Aesop for a coffin..."

William laughed and inhaled half the plate,"woooh man! ___, would make a great wife! If I got to eat this cooking everyday I'd definitely gain some weight!" He grabbed a fork and offered another slice to Naib,"you want a slice man? I haven't see you try any of her cooking yet"

Fuck-

"Im-" he couldn't get the words out, good food had always been a weakness of his.

"Its all yours man!" He pushed the fork in Naibs hand and patted him on the shoulder,something he usually would have avoided but the smell of meat was extreamly distracting!

He wanted to eat it so badly, it smelled so damn GOOD! but his training wouldn't let him.

"You ok man?" William asked, even Andrew seemed at bit confused as to why Naib seemed to be struggling to eat.

"Naib will be find but I can't say the same for you,William" you entered the kitchen,arms crossed with Luca and Tracy peeking from behind you,"Andrew, you warned him,right?"

"Yes" the grave keeper scooted closer to the wall and out of the way.

"So that means I can beat the black off him right?" The grin on your face didn't match your tone,"Naib,hand me that rope please" The mercenary passed it too you without hesitation,"thank you, now William I'm going to give five seconds to run, one"

"Wait- ___! It was just a few slices! Come on! you know I work out!"

"Two"

"Please! ___!"

"Five! Your ass is mine!"

And with a scream William bolted out of the kitchen with you hot on his heels," You didn't even count to four!"

"Oh dear" Tracy watching from the window as you quit literally, Lassoed William and hog tied him.

"I tried to warn him" Andrew sighed but couldn't keep the small smile hidden any longer. It was quit the show seeing someone as big as William get taken down so easily.

"Why do I get the feeling,___ is a mom?" Luca scratched the inside of his palm,"hey naib that slice is going to fall off"

He grunted in response, he wasn't sure he should eat it now; after seeing what you did to William...

"Now that the food theif has been taken care of," you washed your hands again,"Tracy can you,Luca and Andrew let everyone know dinner is ready? Please?"

"Ok"

"Finally, my stomach has been yelling at me all day!"

Naib turned to leave as well but you grabbed the back of his hood and pulled it down,"Hey!"

"Hoods and hats off when inside, go take a seat" his glare didn't scare you in fact you glared right back.

"I do what I want-"

"You'll do what I say when your in my kitchen and eating my food, got it?" You grabbed him by the ear and pinched,"I dont give a hoo ha if your a mercenary, everyone eats got it?"

"Ok! Ok! I got it!" He was surpised at how fast you were, a normal person would have never been able to catch him off guard like that let alone make such an intimidating face and aura. It reminded him of his days at camp and dealing with his commanders.

"Atta boy, you look like you could use a good meal" you took a small square of corn bread and wrapped it in a napkin,"dont tell the others" then you shooed him out with a small snack in hand.

Naib looked down at the freshly made cornbread and swallowed, it looked perfect. All golden and buttery," thats it!" He took a large bite and savored how soft the bread was,"mmm" he hummed. He was most definitely going to come down and eat more often,And that was a fact.