Rivals |Joseph

A/N:I didn't proof read this yet

"Did you hear? My dear Desalnier, theres a new photographer amongst us" Jack gleefully mention.

"Is that so?" He responded, kicking his feet as he made a cup of coffee.

"Indeed,I'd love to see which of the two is better, I think I'd place my thoughts with the young lady" Jack teased.

"Mh" was all Jospeh said, he cared not for some amuture. There's was no better photographer than he. Jospeh had no need to fall pray to Jack's instigating, only a child would fall for that.

Until he came across 'it'

The garden was a neutral area,Anyone could come and go as they pleased. It was common courtesy to leave things that weren't yours alone,he prided himself on being such a person but that thing...it was so oddly shaped he just had to get a closer look!

It was tall with a mix of white and black paint, knobs and dials covered it long with a large key pad. It had three,sturdy,metal legs that were sunk into the ground with a huge round lens at the top.

"What a strange device" he circled it a few times.

"Come to see the new toy,Count?" Ah he knew that voice,"Good morning Sir"

"As to you,Mr.Balsa" they shared a curt bow of the head, a common show of respect among the high class.

"This belongs to her you know, I asked her to let me take it apart but she declined," he let out a woeful sigh and fixed the belt on his hip,"I would give anything to exame it" such technology was clearly beyond his own time and he would beg you to let him investigate further!!! 

"I have heard nothing but interesting things about this,ah what was her name again?"

Luca thought about it for a moment,"I...I believe iv forgotten"

Jospeh shook his head,"What even is this contraption?"

"She said it was a telescope,a really strong one,the kind they used at NES? No that's not it....oh! She said they uses it at NASA! I don't think I ever asked what it was,I'm assuming a space like organization"

Space,back in his time the mear thought of it was terrifying, it was where God's were said to rest. Jospeh was no man of faith but he had to admit,he too wished to see beyond the clouds and dark blue sky.

"Hm,maybe I will meet this...'photographer'," and he used that term loosely.

It took him a while to actually meet you, after all everyone had their own agenda.

Not surpiseingly,he found you typing away on that odd rectangle of yours the looking back at the key pad,you'd type some numbers in then repeat until you were satisfied with...whatever it is that you were doing.

"Ahem" he cleared his throat to catch your attention, it was late out and you and a few more people were out,waiting for something or other. Michiko had even showed up as well,just what was it that you had that had everyone so exicted?

"Oh I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention! Are you here to see the skull Nebula too?"

Now that was a term he'd never heard before,"I beg your pardon?"

"You know the- well maybe you don't I don't think we're very far in space talk during the 1700s....or was it the 1800s? Anyways! You know what a nebula is right?"

"Is that some sort of tea?" He sat down on an iron bench next to the geisha, she smiled at him and offered him one of the many blankets used to keep warm. That's when he noticed the large black screening projector,"Thank you,what...is all this?"

"I'm just taking a few pictures of the sky is all"

"I still don't understand how this is supposed to work" Freddy was resting by himself,waiting,"Is this for real or are you just a sham? I'm starting to have my doubts"

"You'll get your show, don't worry, well as long as no one touched it that is, now as for your question Sir pretty eyes,"

"Is that supposed to be me?" He was amused,'pretty eyes', how quaint.

"Mhm, but for those who don't know,a Nebula is a massive cloud of dust and gas that sits in a massive clump that creates stars"

"They really create stars?"

"Stars are created?!?"

"There's no way that's true!"

Everyone has started spewing their thoughts on if you were lying or not. The mear thought of something so far being created by dust and clouds was almost unbelievable.

"Huh, I forgot this place snatches up people from different time periods" you scratched your head,how else were you going to convince them?

"Shes right you know, I think I come from the second most modern era," Martha stretched," I was never personally too into it but I think the USA and Russia? Maybe? Had gotten into a space race at some point"

"Yup I believe the soviet union won the race but couldn't keep up due to lack of funding but I'm not a history major I- Oh! Oh oh oh oh! It's here!" You started typing away again,"please pay attention to the screen everyone!"

"Isn't this exciting?" Michiko leaned over to the silver head man.

"I must admit I am entertained"

"Oh my!" Michiko looked at an almost perfect,clear view of a purplish cloud in a black void, it looked like ink dropped in water.

"And here, you can see the 'Skull' formation, hence the name Skull Nebula, theres another I could probably find called the jellyfish Nebula or I could just make a bunch of prints for everyone"

"Prints?"

"Means copys,They're really good looking,not as good as the ones on my phone but decent!"

Jospeh re crosses his legs,if you could take photos of hevean from here then he wondered what else you could do? A smile grew across his face,yes he would have to out do you.

"Jospeh? Is something funny?" Michiko whispered while you were explaining just how to stars were made to ganji. The batter looked genuinely interested as the usual scowl was replaced with bewilderment.

"You're serious when you say Nebulas are the size of earth,maybe even bigger and they'll only weigh about a few kilograms!?"

"Its crazy but its true! Here I'll show you my favorite Nebula! It's called 'Pillars and jets',it's so erethal and beautiful I want to cry every time I see it!" You pulled up the image and sighed longingly at the sight. The golden hues glowed eerily in the mass void of space.

"Nothing,michiko, I just belive iv found a new rival"

Or perhaps,a new victim.