Summer days| Gannie

A/N: I was given permission by the artist to do a fic on this!!! Art by :noochi18 on Twitter https://twitter.com/noochi18/status/1659657229836886055?t=tNwGWL2ZiX7JhAo0cXxOtw&s=19

"Ok, ready?" A small child asked, her hair done up to mimic her mother's twin braids that sat on her shoulders. Nala, who had just turned Nine, picked up her father's bat.

Outside, a large cloud had eclipsed the sun along with a nice breeze that cooled her caramel skin off.

Hatil, her five year old brother, wiped the sweat off his dark skin as well. His short black hair glistened with sweat as he prepared to throw a red ball at his sister.

Nala swung, sending the ball arching over his head and hitting the wooden fence, knocking the dried mud off it. She immediately looked over at the window where he mother was watching as she did the dishes.

"Mama!! Did you see!?"

"Yeah! Did you see!?" Hatil mimicked.

Anne gave a soap covered clap and nodded in approval. It was getting closer to lunch time, and she still had plenty of work to do along with a few commissions.

She watched her two bundles of joy play with Ganjis old cricket ball set. It was nice seeing them outside and playing again. It had been raining pretty bad for the past few days, and it was good for them to release all that pent-up energy.

'Now let's see... What kind of design should I use?' Her commission had been from a fairly wealthy family. They wanted a wooden horse that could be used a sled and pulled by a dog. They had another home where it snowed a lot, 'I want them to be able to see it from a far in case it gets lost in the snow...and here they come' she smiled seeing her kids running to her and started making them both cups of ice water.

"Mama! May I have - oh thank you!"

"Yeah, thank you!"

They both stood there as Hatil closed the door shut and finished off his water.

"I'll cut some fruit. Did either of you want apple slices?" She asked, picking up the fruit bowl.

"Oh! May I have an orange!" Nala asked, hugging Anne's red skirt covered leg.

"Hatil? What would you like?" She asked, peeling an orange and pushing the stool over so they could wash their hands.

"apple slices!"

"Please,"

"Oh yeah, May I have some apple slices, please?!"

"You may, thank you for using, please." If there was one thing she was going to be sure of, it was that her kids would be polite and respectful.

Cutting up the fruit, Nala took a seat at the table as Hatil stood on his toes to watch her cut the apples.

"Can I help?"

Anne thought about it for a moment, then helped him up onto the stool.

"What do we do with knives and sharp objects?" She asked.

"Stay away from them! Unless Mama or Papa is there, "

She kissed his head," Such a smart boy!" She let him guide her hands on where to cut and laughed at how lopsided and un even the slices were," Good job! When you're older, I'll have to let you help in the kitchen more."

He grinned and followed her to the table where she sat his slices down, "Thank you!" He said, tearing into his slices.

They ate their fruit and crackers as she finished up washing the dishes.