Close to ones heart|Kemi

She remembered waking up alone. That was nothing new,she'd woken up alone plenty times before. Alone with just and her family's bar, had her bed always been this cold? Her toes were freezing and it felt like no matter how much she curled in on herself the cold always seeped into her bones.

Was it always been so cold? It seemed so foreign yet familiar.

She hates it.

Sitting up in bed She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and saw just how gray everything was. Dust from the floor rose up inches from the ground,floating through the dark like snow. Looking out the window she could see that it was still snowing. The world was pitch black and white as frost impared most of her vision.

The silence was deafening.

Where was everyone? Had they all left too? What if yidhra had killed them all? Was she the only person still alive!? Was everyone dead!? No that wouldnt make any sense! She was bound to the dream world and could only....wait. Was this a dream? Was the witch playing crule games her? She's was known for cause visions of loved ones too appeare only to violently kill them in front of a person.

Deep breaths,you're just over thinking things

Everyone was fine! Everyone was probably just alseep right now!

With those thoughts she curled up and tired to go back to sleep.

But what if the curse struck while I was asleep? There are alot of things that can kill a bunch of people in one go. Carbon monoxide,Black mold, food and water poisoning

Her mind started to spiral into the depths of despair.

She was a cursed human, she knew that and yet she still wanted to be around people! But what if her selfishness had gotten them killed too? Oh God what if Kevin had died?!

The thought was terrifying.

She knew he was a stubborn man, he trusted his gut more than people!

She bunched her knees up and rested her head on the cold sheets,eyes zoning in the dust particals. She didn't want to be alone. She hated it! The silence was worse than death and being trapped in her own mind was hell.

Grabbing the ice cold sheets She forced herself up and took quiet,soft steps out into the hallway.  The lights were off but she could still see her breath as she quickly stumbled down the hall.

The floor was just as cold and the steps a bit slippery from the settled dust.

It was so cold in just a thin night gown. Holding her arms she moved quickly down to the second floor and knocked on the cowboys door. It was gentle a first then hard and still no response.

She tugged on the door nob then stopped.

She was a grown woman acting scared over someone who was,probably,fine! She needed to get herself together and go back to her room! It was late and he was probably asleep.

Demi couldn't get herself to pull away from the door. What if he wasn't asleep? What if something had gotten him!?

Her mind was in fractures. What did she do,did she stay or go? Stay or go stay or go stay or-

The door creaked open and Kevin yawned in his fist.

"Missy? Wha's wrong? Hearing noises again?"

She didn't say anything but crashed into his chest. The soft hair and the heat of skin on skin contact grounded her,made her feel safe.

He was a bit taken back. Demi was never one to really need comfort but then again,everyone needed a shoulder to cry on.

"Come'on missy, it's cold out'er" he pulled her inside and pushed the door close,"you ok dar'lin? Y'aint need nothing do yah?"

"No I just...didn't want to be alone"

He lifted the sheets up for her and let her make a spot on his small bed.

Laying on his back he settled back in,not knowing if she wanted to be touched or not. His silent question was answered when she rested her head on his chest.

Was she listening to his heart beat?