FFC |Brew

"H-hello"

"Oh wow! Uh Hi!" You greeted the hybrid. He seemed excited to have been able to successfully greet you. It was late at night so you were surprised to see anyone up still! You'd already watched Amary leave with her parents around Two am.

"I Eli," He pointed to himself with a sharp nail,"This Brooke" then he pointed to the owl sitting on his shoulder.

The brown back fluffed up her chest and acknowledge you. She would allow you to be near her human,for now atleast.

"Good Evening," you gave the man your name and stumbled trying to pronounce it,"so uh,what are you doing here? It's late" you leaned on the door frame,'wait isn't he crossed between owl? No wonder he's up late,duh ___!'

He offered you the satchel filled to the bring with books.

"Oh thank you! I'm afraid I don't have anything to give you in return"

He shook his head,"I give!"

"Thats very kind of-" you coughed into your fist,"sorry, Thats very kind of you"

He had such an excited smile on his face. You didn't know this but he'd be practicing how to speak in human tongue for the past few days. Learning how to match human speech compared to his normal simple trills and chirps was a bit of a challenge! But he was so glad to see it had paid off!

"H-happy! Meet you!"

"Its very nice to meet you too" it was late and you weren't sure it was safe to invite him into your home. He seemed friendly enough but you could never be too careful,"Would you care for some fruit?"

"Fruit?"

"I have some sliced watermelon in the refrigerator"

"Brooke like Fruit, We n-no st-stam stay! No stay! On-me give!" He knew that humans had the opposite sleep schedule of his kind, he only wanted to give you this before you went to sleep.

"Oh!"

"Need sleep, We go" He gave a curt nod of his head and was gone as quickly as he came. Leaving a few stray feathers to fall to your feet.

Well...that was certainly an interesting visit! But-

You broke out into another coughing fit.

"Oh geez," you closed the front door and locked it. Setting the basket on the table you dug around for a jar to put the fruits in. You would separate them and the nuts tomorrow.

"Achoo!" A powerful sneezing fit caused you to lose your balance for a moment, several feet above naib panicked as you struggled to catch your breath.

He quickly flew down from his roost to see just what had caused such an awful fit.

"Hi blue," you said a bit weakly,that's what you decided to name him,"Im fine,I might have caught something though," you let out another raggedy cough. Frowning he helped you up and carried you back to the couch,"Thank you, Amary went home this morning, so she won't be back t-till," you started sneezing again,"till summer break" you weren't sure why you were telling all this to some hybrid who couldn't understand you but you guessed that just made him all better listener.

Taking his helmet off blue pressed his forhead to yours,"Heheh what you doing silly bird?" His frown deepened and he suddenly stood up,"leaving? OK blue, see you later" your head was starting to hurt from all the sneezing. Just a quick power nap,then you'd go back to your chores.