Stage crow |Naib

Naib seethed in his seat in the center of the club. He hated being smack dab in the middle of the crowd, too many people coming and going. He could be easily struck down and never see it coming. He wanted to leave.The cigarettes and alcohol hung heavy in the air as the fans above tried to cut through the thick smog.

Unfortunately he was here on business which ment he couldn't leave,nor could he stop to admire the band on stage like he usually did.

"Sir?" He asked blankly, he wanted this over.

"You come here often don't you?" His boss,dressed in a caused suit and tie with suspenders asked. The cigar in his hand dangles between his fingers while he sipped on some water.

"I dont know what this has to do with my job," he was hit for hire,that's all he'd ever been to this organization even after it had come under...new management,"Get to the point"

"I was thinking of hiring some entrainment as a 'well done' to the group," Campbell wasn't kind by any means but he new how to keep people content. Had this been any other place, Naib wouldn't have cared but this was his escape from reality he didn't want his co workers to know about this band, he wanted to lie and say they sucked but he knew that wouldn't fly.

'They're decent I guess" he ate a freshly buttered roll and prayer that crow wouldn't be preforming tonight. She was his favorite, a mysterious beauty that he found himself becoming enraptured with.  Their private encounters were fulfilling and he didn't want anyone else to have that. That's when the sound of feathers ruffling made him cringe.

God damn it-

Out of all the nights you chose to show it had to be tonight! He wanted to slam his face into the table but he knew that would raise more questions.

He could hear that soft and Mello voice echo over the saxophone and piano. The mask you always wore  revealed only your lips and a bit of hair. The dark emerald mask had swirls of gold and silver along with dark feathers of a crow. He remembered that you told him every single feather was real and had been shed from your murder. He still refused to believe that's what a group of crows were called.

"Now isn't that a sight?" Norton was impressed with the Gothic dress, now it made sense why the band was wearing such Victorian style outfits. Yes he'd definitely bring these people to work for him,if only part time,"Shes rather beautiful" the dress  dragged along the floor, long feathers shining under the stage light in dark hues or green and navy blue.

"Its just the dress, she's probably ugly underneath it" he lied, although he himself had never seen you without some sort of face covering Naib firmly believed your heart matched your face. Was the comparison lame? Yes but he wasn't good with words. Naib knew that someone who spent their free time to consult and reassure a total stranger was nothing but hevean sent. That kindness had to be protected, he wouldn't allow anyone to extinguish such a glow.

"Hm, I doubt it," he looked at a contract and waved his assistant over,"I bet she's a lovely thing underneath that mask"

Naib only half listened the sound of the band and your voice once again dragged him out of his dark thoughts, music was such a powerful tool.

He pretended he couldn't hear you leave the stage to walk among the crowd,he pretended that you didn't make a beeline straight for him, he pretended that that warm,homey smell you radiated didn't effect him and he pretended like he hated the feather you'd stuck in his hair before leaving to return back to the stage.

Norton had the most amused look on his half scared face,"I see how it is"

Naib wanted to flip the table

"What,you didn't fall in love did you?" He asked with a bit of a mean tone in his voice.

He hadn't felt love since he last hugged his mother,"I don't feel love sir," he briefly wondered if he should even bother trying to say his thoughts," but iv seen her off duty,she's a good woman"