Hand held gift | Naib

He wasn't expecting to get anything today,he never did. White day,valentines day or whatever you called it was annoying. All the couples would bring stupidly large teddy bears and flowers and other annoying shit that clogged up the halls. The couples themselves just couldn't keep their hands off each other. Kissing and hugging it was enough to make him gag!

Sitting up high in one of the more empty towers he looked down at all the students coming and going. They all looked like little ants from up here....he leaned over the edge ready to spit,just to be a little asshole but stopped when the loud creak of the door.

Fuck, had another teacher found him already?

"Uh,Naib? Are you busy at all?" He was skipping so technically no,but he didn't want to be bothered with anything you were hoping to get out of him.

"yeah actually" it was you,the girl who sat behind him in his English class,___. Yeah that was your name,he hardly rememberd other students names.Two months ago you'd given him an apple when his stomach yelled at him to eat,then a few days later you'd given him a bag of chips, after that it had been a regular meet and greet.  Well no it was more like you'd go look for him and offer him a snack and he'd accept because who didn't like free food?

"It'll be quick!" He could see you were holding something behind your back.

"What?" Did you bring him something else to eat? He probably should be thanking you,after all,you did this every day so-

"Here,I'm not sure if you like sweets or not so...yeah, you eat just about everything I give so it's hard to tell..." you scratched in inside of your wrist and leg,a nervous tic you had.

In his hands sat a dark red box and inside was a giant chocolate,shaped cat. It's face was messy as it had clearly been home made. It was something he never expected to get,something like this took alot of time and effort and he didn't know how to respond.

"Is this like...romantically or platonic?" You couldn't tell but his heart was beating faster and faster. He hadn't been this nervous in years!

"Well what do you want it be?"

He screamed internally,'I hate it when people answer a question with another question! Shit I still haven't answered her yet-' he panicked and started to stumble over his words.

"I mean this is really sweet of you! Seriously! I-its the first time iv ever gotten something like this I uh I well-"

You stepped a bit closer to him,"Its ok if you don't like me back or want to wait to give me an answer,I just...wanted to give that too you so I hope you like it" you gave him a parting nod of the head and moved to the door to leave when he sat the box on the edge of the balcony.

"Wh- hey! I'm not don't talking yet!"

You jumped when he did.

"Look,___,You are super chill and shit and I'm not,despite how I look,I'm am ass at handling my emotions so like it's not that I DONT think you're hot-Cute!  I just- shit listen-"

You giggled and held his wrist in your warm palm,"its ok,Naib,we can take this slow" you didn't mind waiting until he could give you a direct answer.

"Y-yeah ok yeah that's for the best I- FUCK!" He hadn't been paying attention and accidentally knocked the box off the edge of the balcony.

You both watched as it fell down about 100 feet or so onto either grass or concrete,maybe even someone head.

"I swear I can't do anything right-" he pulled his hair,mad at himself. He squated down and  hissed into his hands,pissed.

"...hey...hey its ok, it's just chocolate" you tapped his shoulder.

"How aren't you mad? Shouldn't you be pissed!?" He was,he was furious that he'd destroyed the one nice thing he'd gotten all year.

"I mean,I can always make you some more if you want,I don't mind"

He looked up at you and blinked,"Are you for real?"

"Mhm,it's just about time school let out anyways and I still have a bunch of left overs so....you wanna come over to my place?"

He immediately stood up,"is that really ok?" He had never been invited...well anywhere before! It was such an odd feeling,being sought out for more than just punishments.

"Mhn!" You used all you weight to pull the door open,"Hurry,we have to beat the crowd!"

"Hey wait up!" He followed you down the stair case and raced you off the school grounds,heart beating just as fast.