Radio Station |

It started randomly one day when Luca was messing around with an old radio. He'd taken the old thing apart and added all sorts of improvements like new diales and antenna! He knew it wouldn't work regardless of how well he actually fixed it. The manor blocked all forms of information from coming and going.

It was a shame. He really wished he could hear something else besides the record player. Oh, well.

Taking the old beige colored station out of his lab. Luca sat it on the table next to a lamp in the common room. A few people were already there, writing, reading, and talking lowly among themselves.

Andrew glanced at Luca, who mearly smiled that half tooth smile and waved goodbye. He nodded in acknowledgment and tried to finish reading the book Helena had been reading out loud to him. He squinted, holding the pages up closer to his face. Even with the light, it was still hard to see. Maybe if he turned it up brighter?

He mindlessly patted around for the knob

Click

'Huh? That's weird.' Why didn't it get any brighter?

"Hey, hey,hey, all you cool cats and sly dogs, welcome back to the freshest place on air!" Andrew jumped! Had Luca really fixed that old radio!?

William looked up from his book, "he got it to work?"

Sevais hushed him. Everyone was excited to hear something new! Anything!

"In case you don't know who I am, you cool cats can call me,Motaw! M-O-T-A-W! And that's short for mistress of the air waves~" a woman spoke, her voiced reminded him of the heat of the south all bundled up in a small kitchen, "Now let's get this jam session on for my cool cats out there."

Her voice faded away by the sound of jazz. A saxophone and trombone started up, followed by a piano and the voice of a man singing about his time in a place called New Orleans.

'Down where the shrimpings' hot and the mamas are hotter got a fine old lady waiting down fo me, yes sir I know a lot of fine mamas but ain't no mama finer than her'

Andrew had forgotten about his book for the moment and just laied back in the chair, hands crossed over his chest, and nodded to the beat.

'And I know yes I know that when the sun goes setting' My Fine old mama got something for me'

The rest of the song played with not a single interruption. He likes this one. Even if he didn't really get who this man's mama was, he supposed it was his lover of sorts.

"Hey hey hey welcome back, cool cats, I don't know about yall, but doesn't Papa Goldberg just make you wanna sway?" She laughed, and he could hear the sound of paper being moved, " but yall already know what time it is. It's 411, and you know what that means!" The sound of a phone ringing echoed in the room, "Hello my Kitty cat, what tea have you got for us tonight?"

Another woman replied to the hostest," Hi Motaw, Can't believe I'm on air, but anyways! I was at the mall with My girlfriends when this dickweed skater boy and his sleaze ball friends showed up wearing all this tacky bling"

"Like dad Tacky or weird uncle tacky?"

"Weird uncle tacky"

"Ew"

"Right? I wouldn't have mind if he was cool, but he was lame and corny about everything. He had his pants handing off his butt and everything like wow you are so cool! Psych!"

"Sounds like a lame-o."

"Totally, I say this as a warning to all boys, You want to get the girl? Don't act like a pompous jerk, and get some better bling! None of that cheap stuff! Goodnight Motaw!"