Felting bonds | Ganji

You sat up and looked out window, the blurry figure of the rainy moon gleamed into your eyes as you yawned. It was dark...too dark,it was making you nervous.

Getting up you fixed the plain white night gown you'd been given by the host and pawed around for the brass chamberstick,you struck a match and lit the wick before slipping on your slippers. The wooden floor was dusty and cold as you quietly cracked your door open.

The hallway was eerie and dark as strips of moonlight peeked its way in through the lonely window at either end of the hallway. The light revealed countless dust particles floating in air leaving you with scared and anxious feeling in your gut. You peeked from your bedroom room and looked left and right. There weren't any scary red eyes gleaming at you from the shadows but you still couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.

'Bathroom,bathroom,bathroom come on where is it?!' You whispered to yourself,in one hand you held a chamberstick tightly and in the other arm,snuggly tucked under your arm, was your childhood stuffed rabbit, Jack. You brought him everywhere with you when you couldn't bring your blankets or felting kit to take your mind off things.

Taking a left you tugged on what you assumed was the bathroom door,no such luck, it was a supply closet.

'Dang it!'  You looked left and right down the halls and- wait... didn't you pass that room already?  Everything looked the same and feeling of eyes on you intensified. You'd only just recently arrived here at manor so you didn't know the rules just yet. But you were sure of one thing,the hunters were terrifying! There was a man who had to have been atleast 8 feet tall! He could apparently launch strings that hurt you! And there was another man,you had your first match with him today, he was just as tall but had a wick set of claws that terrified you to no end! 'Im glad they aren't here' you took another left and ended up in a dead end which didn't make any sense! Turning around you power walked as fast you could trying to get back to your room.

There's was only one problem though....you were lost. Somehow,someway you'd gotten completely turned around and now not only could you not find the bathroom but you couldn't find your room either!

'I should have wrote it down on you jack, now look at us' Jack had a small zipper on his back to store things, all you had in there was a small bag of pretzels. Sighing you looked around to see if anything looked familiar, it didnt, if anything the hallways had the same decor on floor three! Which didn't make any sense because you never took any stairs...

'I wonder...maybe we should knock on a door?' Most of the other survivors were pretty reserved and didn't want to be bothered. But there were a few cheerful faces! But you doubted that they wanted to get woken up at 12 at night.

'We'll be fine,right Jack? We've got enough candle light for a good three hours! I'm sure we can find out way back! Right?' You moved his head to agree,'right! We can do this!'All you had to do was find the stairs,that way you could go back to floor two! Easy peasy!

Walking left you started humming to yourself, 'there should be a stairs case at the end of the corridor' but it never came, no matted how long you walked the stairs never came. The longer you walked the move sounds you heard, it was feminine and childish laugh so you picked up the pace and started running. There had to be an exit! Or atleast a door or something!

To your surprise another door had appeared, opening it you expected another supply closet only to find a void. There was no floor no nothing, simply darkness.

Closing it you tried to collect your thoughts, then opened it again, this time the stairs were there.

'....what?' This... this didn't makes any sense but you didn't have anywhere else to go. Holding onto the banister. The door slammed shut behind you,leaving you completely in the dark.