fit right in | Kevin | Reader 🍋

Another day another sacrifice to the bloodline. The people of this poor village had been doomed the moment the first brick of the castle had be laied. Decades after decades after decades and not a single soul had yet to escape this slaughter house.

Tall mountains entrapped them on all sides while the neighboring village was just as bad. There was,in a sense, no escape. You'd either die to the bloodline and their kind or you died to the elements and the wolves in a snowy death trap that was the Kester mountains. Death was the true path to freedom, you'd come to terms with that a long time ago but like a moth to a flame you couldn't resist that spark of hope that maybe somehow,some way you'd be able to escape.

So when the man with the silver hair and red eyes came into the church you were suspicious of him. He didn't even try to hide what he was and that scared you. Even though he hadn't done anything to you or any of the other sisters you were still worried  but As someone who volunteered at the church it was your job to tend to the injured,homeless and whatever rank this man from the bloodline came from, it must have been fairly high considering how human he looked.

"This is all we have for now" you placed a bowl of grites and sasuge in front of him.

"Thanks lass" he grunted and silently dug into his food,"Been a while since I've been in the village, you mind updating me?" He asked kindly, there was no underlying threat or punishment if you didn't comply with his demands,it felt good for a change. The bloodlines kin had always had this 'holyer than thou' attitude about them. The bloodline,well the ones that could actually hold a conversation, were mean and rude but this man seeemd different.

"Not much has changed, I'm guessing you work for the bloodline?" Shit- why did you ask such a personal question like that?!

"You could say that, anything else of interest happen?" He took a sip of water.

"Well there was an incident recently, about half a month ago one of the villages baseball players got mauled by a ghoul, apparently it was one of the high noble man's pets and as an apology he brough him into the blood line,as a servant I suppose," you sighed, the man you were speaking of was the star of the baseball team,Norton campbell, it was a shame he wouldn't be able to play anymore, he loved it!

"Mhm"

"And thats all I know about"

He nodded,"hm,I remember bits'n pieces of the villages only team,it's heartbreaking but let's move on to something lighter, how's your week been?"

That was ....weird, no one besides the sisters and brothers of the church ever asked 'how are you'. Here in Basin, it was seen as rude to poke your nose into other people's business.

"Pardon me, I forget how the people here are" he cleared this throat.

"No,no, it's fine, I dont mind the company" he seemed like he could keep a conversation going,"there's not much to tell, I do my morning chores, go to work, help the sisters and go home,you?"

"I understand, got a routine you stick too," he was a bit jealous of how 'peaceful' your life was. You never had to worry about who the crowned king was going to drain next,or worry about other half-lings and ghouls trying to kill him," Wake up,make sure things run smoothly,it's hard work" he touched his metal laced lasso, he himself was an executioner. That's the whole reason he'd been originally sent down to Basin, to punish and harvest human blood.

"I'll say," you popped your fingers and stretched,"not to mention those damn ghouls keep attacking people cant even go out at night anymore," the memories of past murders pissed you off,"Its all the blood lines fault..." you muttered the last part. Any threats or even hints at treason twords the blood line was treated with extreme punishment, Death,"But just between you and me," you pretended to stretch and looked around for anyone listening in