The Counts Maid | Kreatcher

"ACHOO!"

"Bless yah"

Kreatcher let out a low 'thank you' to the cowboy sitting next to him. For three days he'd been fighting off,what he'd originally assumed, was a head cold due to the slowly changing seasons. Unfortunately it was not just a head cold it had developed into a blown fever.

"ACHO! oh pain pain go away" he groaned into his arms. There weren't any sick days here in the manor, you either played one of the many,many death games or you were punished. He could hardly move let alone kite, he prayed that who ever it was he wouldn't have to do anything but decode or heal.

"Theyre here" Andrew gripped his shovel at the sound of boots hitting the cold floor, lighter one followed in quick session.

Who ever it was had a maid and there were only a few hunters that bothered with maids,Jospeh and Mary.

A woman appeared from behind the curtain, the long hood hid her face but he could still the small smile on her pale,lavender colored skin. The long black dress reached her ankles but exposed the back and collar bone, a thin dress jacket rested on her elbows ready to be placed on her back the moment it got too cold.

She stood behind him for a moment,which was odd consider he sat in the center and most maids and butlers stood at the far end.

She leaned down and placed the silver platter onto the table,offering everyone one small little dessert of cake dressed in a drop of black icing.

"Take one now and take the other after your match" She said,putting a bottle of water in his hands from under the table,with it he was given two small tablets.

"Good luck sirs," she gave a small bow and left to stand at her masters side, leaving Kreatcher confused.

"Did she give yah something?" Kevin looked over at the other man,along with Andrew,if only for a moment.

"Becareful with that,who knows what it is" Helena warned. She could only assume Jospehs maid had given him something extra.

"B-bu-NAGH! NAGh! ACHO! ACHQUA!" He started sneezing again then broke into a coughing fit.

Everyone winced at how stressed his throat sounded.

"If it'll help,I take it" following her instructions he popped one of the white pills and washed it down with water and whatever confectionery she'd placed on the table.

Standing behind the young lord you pulled your jacket up on your shoulders, it was always more windy behind the curtain.

"___,"

"Yes? My lord?"

"Do not get involved, remember your place"

"Of course my lord,Good luck, I'll have a fresh set of clothing ready for you and a bath"

And with the crack of glass,he was gone.

"Always the worry wort," You had a good half hour before the match was over, if the survivors even lasted that long. Jospeh was a hunter you could not afford to make a single mistake agaisnt.

Leaving the queuing hall you wondered if the man with the flashlight would be OK,poor thing seemed way too sick to move let alone kite in the rain.

"Poor thing" you knew he wasn't well liked among his group, people tended to sneer at him and he back...what a lonely life he must live,"lets see, oh here they are" you pulled out a simple pair of silk,gray pajama pants and gray silk shirt,"its so cold in here..." you needed to light the fireplace and set out his hair brush and comb before he got back. It didn't take long of course, setting his clothes on the massive bed he had up stairs you set up the bathroom....bathroom...did the man with the flashlight have one all to himself? Was it clean? Would he even be able to run it in his condition? Those thoughts bounced around your head as you left the bathroom. All you had to do now was wait until Jospeh came back but-