FFC| The beginning of the End

A/N: I procrastinated but I FINALLY finished it

A routine had started now, in the morning, baby blue would fly over in the morning to say hello and at night Eli and Brooke would come for a trade in language. You'd grown to look forward to their visits, it was nice having neighbors! Even if they were hybrids and you really couldn't understand them.

"Evening Eli!" He landed in front of you as you were pulling weeds out from your garden. It was getting late and the fireflys had came out.

"E-evening" He'd brough you another sack of tilly berries, a large pomegranate shaped fruit that only grew in dark places such as Elis home. It had a slightly firm peel much like a ripe banana or orange but was still easy to tear apart with you bare fingers. As summer went on and their visit became more and more routine Eli had noticed your love for the rare fruit. Brooke convinced him to finally work up the nerves to bring you to his nest,if only to pick some for yourself,"fruit, near...om...ah H-home! I bring? If like?"

You looked at him for a moment,'Is he offering to take me to his home?' You'd never been that deep into the forest before! Rumors fluttered about how if you want deep enough strange things would start to happen! It was exciting! "If your asking me to come with I'd love too!"

Eli visibly perked up,"bring now?" He asked.

"If you'll have me!"

He smiled and offered his hand,"we fly" he shifted his long cap out of the way to reveal those massive,dark blue wings he usually kept out of sight,"on back?"

"Uh yeah" you climbed on his back and took a few flaps,slowly rising from the ground he easily and silently flew between the large trees of the forest.

You could see strange mushrooms growing out of the side of trees like stairs and some grow from the base. Eventually you could see large,complex tree houses that were connected by strong,sturdy wooden bridges.

'It's like something out of a fairy tale',you never thought you'd have the honor of being among such mysterious people!

"Here home," he dived down and you tightened your grip around his neck,'She smells nice' he thought as he touched down on his landing dock. Brooke followed after him and landed on one of her many perches.

"Your home is pretty Eli!" There were books everywhere along with small floating orbs that you noticed no other hybrid had. Had he made these himself? They seemed almost mystical!

"Fruit!" He motioned you over to a small,rectangular pit in the ground and lifted up the lid, a small orb that released some sort of cold air floated inside,keeping all its content nice and cold. He pulled out a small box of pink and purple funny shaped berries, about the size of a pea each and tossed a few back himself.

'Thank you," The coldness hurt your teeth but it tasted like a slushy almost! "Its really good!"

He smiled at how content you were and reached in to give you a new type of fruit. This one was shaped like a cube, it had a blue rind and was very firm like watermelon!

He held out his hand and Brooke came back with a Sharpe bone knife for him to cut it with.

You continued eating the pink and purple slushy berries until he finally managed to cut the firm fruit in half. The inside was soft and tender along with a pretty shade of purple-ish blue.

"Wow it looks so pretty!" You almost didn't want to eat it! But you did and the powerful sourness took you off guard completely! It was a strong type of sour,even stronger than a lemon! But it started to mellow out and eventually turned sweet,"I am definitely going to need more of that"