Protection at its finest | Ganji

'Protect what's yours'

That was something Ganji had lived by his entire life. It's what kept him going after the mistreatment of the royal family but now he was trapped in another manor,one that was ten times more deadly. So he did what he did best,adapt.

'Protect what's yours' had changed to 'Protect your team mates'

Because in a game of life and death, if your team mate goes down,you go down with them.

He learned that his class or type or whatever you wanted to call it was the 'Containment' class or Harasser. Armed with nothing but his cricket balls and bat Ganji took to his class naturally, it was almost too easy for him as someone who was more fit than most people. Vaulting, juking, running,chasing he did that on the daily even before coming to the cursed manor. There were others like him, like William and Mike, people who were athleticly gifted then there were those who fell in a lesser category like Naib and Kevin. They were people who were Jack's of all trade able to kite for long periods of time,harass and assist he worked well with them but then there were the decoders.

Ganji had an obligation to protect them. He noticed that decoders were usually smart,stupidly smart. Luca,the man with prisoner shirt and lazy eye was an inventor of sorts. Helena,the blind(?) woman with a competitive spirit that rivaled his own was a collage student Along with Tracy and her....doll (or was it robot?) could fix just about anything, Kurt with his magic book...thing he could hide and share his pages with others and you....well you were an enigma to him.

As confusing as some abilities were you confused him the most. You were slow, very very slow. Slow to rescue slow to pallet drop and even slower to vault but your decoding speed,he'd never seen someone type so fast before in his life.

"...Ganji? Can I help you?"

Shit had he been stareing!?

"Its nothing,keep working" he banged on the side of the cipher,Victor was currently kiting on Leo's memory. The snow made decoding go slower than normal, they were never given any time to change into the correct outfits thus many people were left freezing. He was one of those people.

Snow fell quietly onto his head and cipher and he shivered horriblely when the wind picked up, he hated this map.

'Protect the decoder'

That's why he was still with you,at 3 ciphers you'd already been chaired twice and you needed to be kept alive long enough to finish the last cipher.

"Ok....hey"

"Are you just now responding to me-" he cut himself off,you had slow response time too," never mind,what?" He waited for you to collect your thoughts. Originally when you two had first met Demi had told him how scared you were of him. Something about his face or the way he held himself made you nervous and in turn stressed you out to where you couldn't decode properly.

"Are you.....cold?"

"___,I'm wearing a shirt thinner than the soup we get served, of course I'm cold,I- HEY" he wasn't expecting you to suddenly hold his hand. He saw you move but he never thought you had the guts to actually hold his hand,let alone touch him.

"Is .....is this weird?" You slowly rubbed his hands between the soft fabric of your thick sweater. You'd done this for others like Kurt and,surprisingly, Edger. Even the most brash and ill tempered people craved warmth by any means necessary,"You need to bend ....your fingers right?"

"Most people do"

"Then maybe.....this will..help?"

It did,he didn't want to admit it but it did help. When it got cold his fingers,like most people's, stiffened up making it hard to grab his cricket balls and swing.

"You are such a pain" he grumbled but didn't pull away, this was the most warmth he'd gotten since starting the match and he wasn't going to lose a chance to stay warm.

"Oh....I wanted to say...thank you"

"For what?" His nose was starting to run, you let go of his hands and handed him a small handkerchief,"thanks"

"Protecting me...us decoders...everyone, You are very kind"

He blamed his burning face on the cold.

"I'm not kind or nice,___ I'm just doing my job"

"Of course" you didn't belive him

" 'Protect your decoder' That's the first rule of the game, Thats all there is too it,don't get any other ideas" Victor had gotten hit which ment it was time for the end game, this would make or break them.

"....of course....but Ganji, I really do mean it"

"Go open the gate,____" he left to go harass leaving you to brush the snow off your head in silence.

"Hmmm 'Protect your decoder'...he really is...a sweetheart"