Morning blues|Kevin

It was one of those mornings when he didn't feel like himself. Feeling sluggish, tired, and worn out despite getting a full night's rest. His mind trailed off to old memories. Night's where it was just him, the sky, and his horse. Warm summers so hot he had to sleep with his shirt and pants off!

He missed those days, he missed his home and he missed wandering. Life on the road, out in the wilderness and farm life was his call. He wasn't meant to be cooped up like this,  but maybe it's what he deserved? Years upon years of traveling and he never once tried to see his folks or...them. The kind natives that had taken him under their wings and showed him a different way of life!

How to run with the bison, fly with the eagles, and swim with the fish. They taught him things that saved his life! Like starting fire from tree sap! He missed the beating of drums and chatting. Watching colorful dancing of feathers and ribbon for celebrations.

Here...he felt no love here, it was cold and bitter. Everyone looking out for him or herself, the hatred, the evil of it all wore out his soul. He hated it here, it was hell. It wasn't even the games that almost drove him to the brink! It was lack of human empathy. He'd never seen such hatefulness and emptiness before!

Sighing he used his hand to run through his hair, twists undone leaving his hair in a small afro.

"Kevin?" She yawned, sitting up from the small shared bed.

"Go back to sleep, be back in a sec" he said, still staring up at the moon from their balcony.

"Cold...come back to bed please" she yawned, sitting up and rubbing her eyes, " what's got you all sad?"

"...it's...just old memories sweetness, This old man got some bad cabin fever 's all, ain't used to bein'n  one spot Fer so long" There was a shift of sheets as she slowly got up, righting herself upright properly, damn iron deficiency.

"We'll be ok" she said coming up behind him and lifting his arm up to wedge herself between the banister and him, "We'll always be ok" she held his strong jaw, kissing his chin and cheek and whatever skin she could reach sleepily," when this is over, take me with you"

"Sweetheart I ain't keeping the money if I win, Ima be dirt poor and ion what that Fer yah"

"Don't care, I wanna go where you go"

"I ain't a comfy lifestyle, lot'o moving"

"That's fine"

"Gotta learn how to hunt'

"You're a pretty good teacher...when you wanna be"

"I ain't that bad!" He laughed, sure he could get impatient sometimes but he wasn't that bad.

"So no more worries, come to bed handsome"

"Im coming"

Now back in bed got tossed his arm over her back and went back to sleep on her tummy.