Remebrence| Kevin x Demi

The cold wasn't something she was used too. It tickled her nose and made eyes water but it felt nice. Snow was something she'd never experienced until this past year, it was something she enjoyed now.

Rebuttoning her shirt Demi looked out into the Neverending forest that trapped them all here. If it wasn't for the situation, she would have found it alot more peaceful.

Inside the manor she could hear Annie struggling to put more Christmas lights up. Ganji,being the surprising worry wort, had let her sit on his shoulders to reach up to the walls and corners.

"You'll catch a death'o cold sit'in out here," the warmth of Kevin's poncho warmed her arms up. He rested his bare arms on the cold,wooden rail.

She made a pleased sound in the back of her throat and scooted closer to him,"thanks,how's everything inside?"

"Well Ganjis hav'en a melt down"

"What happened?"

A smile shot across his face as he started to explain," 'pparently  no one told the poor boy 'bout the mistletoe, Tracy'n Annie got'em good on both cheeks! His face was so red!" He laughed, the poor batter had never saw it coming and went to go scream his embarrassment into Williams back and then a pillow.

"I kinda wish I'd stuck around for that"

"Yeah well,now yer stuck with me! How'ya like my looks?" He'd dyed his hair and beard a bright white," yah wanna be my Miss.clause?"

"Oh I'd love too, now where are our elf children?" She too had dyed her hair green and white.

"Why don't we go adopt Norton? Been meaning to teach that boy some wood work'en skills!"

"Please,isn't he like 28?"

" 'nd I'd still snatch him up! Yah never to young to learn!" He'd seen far too many kids forced to grow up fast while traveling.

"Kevin,you can't adopt everyone"

"Watch me, I promise yah not a Nan one of them boys know how'ta set up a tent,let a lone one from scratch"

"Oh my god-" She snorted and buried her face into his arm, even after taking his poncho off he was still warm,"...remember when we first met? You took a bottle of Dovlin thinking it was on the house and I got so mad at you"

He rubbed his jaw,"Remember? Dar'lin I can still feel it! Yah punched me so hard yah dislocated my jaw!"

"Did I?" She did remember some blood but no enough to dislocate his jaw! "Awww I'm sorry cowboy, did I  bruise your ego?"

"Yup and my face, yah were such a cold business woman 'You better have enough coin on you to pay for that entire bottle cowboy, I'll sue your ass to hell and back!' " he made his voice as high pitched as he could.

"I dont sound like that!"

"I think yah do, ahh those were the days!" He laughed. He never thought he'd get so attached to bunch of misfit people all thrown together under a crazy game. Hell, he never thought he'd live this long either!

"I remember when you first came here, you Patricia and...shit I can't remember who else was with you but your four where in a game,it had something to do with poison," it was after she'd dropped her cut throat business woman and simmered down,it wasn't like she was going anywhere,"Emily said it was a miracle you even survived that poison...what made you drink that anyways?"

"Hm....Ion know,to be fair, I guess...maybe it's cause I figured if anyone here needed to kick the old bucket, it might as well be this old cowboy"

She made a face as the snow fell down harder,Demi wished they could have met under different conditions. Kevin was a good friend to have and an even greater ally, the man knew lots of people and had deep connections across the states! If she were a cruel woman she would have considered using him to spread her business.

Sensing her dropping mood he decided to change the subject into something lighter"Lets see what can I remember 'bout you..."

"Oh God please dont"

"Heheh remember that one time you tried to mix that drink but tripped and wasted it all?"

"You werent suppose to remember that!" She groaned,that was so much dovlin gone to waste!

"You were madder than a horse getting trained to stay saddled!"

"Your embarrassing," from inside, lights flickered across her arm as a strong wind played with her hair. Her thoughts ran across that day after Kevin decided to drink that poison; she remember coming to watch him and seeing how bad he had it. He had been breathing hard, drool rolled down his chin and his eyes were so distant, like the light would fade from them if she so much as looked at him the wrong way.

Back then she had no love for him, or anyone here but now after going through hell and back for these people,she'd gotten attached and...wait-

"Kevin? just...how long have we been here?"

He thought about it,"I ain't much sure bout'a year? Why?"

"Its just...how many years are we going to be here?" She never expected to say for so long! She still needed to find her brother and reopen the bar! She had so many questions that needed to be answered! This was dangerous, he was dangerous, getting her all complative and relaxed when she should be working. She didn't have time to stop and relax,damn him and his smooth words and warm hands!

"Demi?"

Oh how she hated that worried look on his face.She hated getting attached to people, they never stayed and if they did it was never for long. Family,friends even the occasional crush, it never lasted, never.

"I need to start mixing for tonight" She tugged his poncho off and handed it back to him.

There was a sad look in his eyes,"Demi, yah sure yall right? There ain't no shame in being lonely,yah got good people here willing to lend yah an ear or shoulder" that glum look on her face didn't suit her.

"You know,for such a 'Macho' man you sure are a big softie" She hated to be a wet blanket but she couldn't get the smile to reach her eyes.

"I'm serious Demi," he held onto her wrist before she could escape,"Ion know if this be too straight forward of me or if I'm over stepping my boundaries but," he let go of her wrists and placed both hands on her shoulders,"If you'll have me, once we get outta here, I wanna help yah look for yer brother"

The white lights from the Christmas tree illuminated both of their faces for a moment, it was then she could see he actually ment it. He was ready to throw away a chance at winning the jackpot all for the sake of helping her.

"You..." Demi wanted to hit him and hug at the same time,"You make me too damn emotional,you know that?"

"Yeah,yeah," he brought her into a tight hug for a moment and she hugged him back just as tight," 'bout time we went inside yeah?"

"Mhm,thanks" She quickly stepped inside as he held the door open for her.

He smiled at her and the sight gave her a flutter in her stomach.