the stage| Antonio

"Your drink,Miss.Stage," your co-worker said,handing you a small glass cocktail.

" 'Miss.Stage' is that the best you could come up with?" You'd never given any of your co workers your real name before. So Talin,the young barkeeper, decided to give you one.

"Well, you're usually on stage so why not? Speaking of which why aren't you on stage?"

"Mhmhm" you laughed through your lips, "Why indeed" up on stage, a large band played some foot-tapping jazz. And in the back right that bastard of a violinist glanced at you.

Oh, you would come out and wait for your turn on stage and listen to him and the band play. Antonio Paganini, one of the many fools who played the devil's game and lost their soul. You'd seen many men like him end up in crippling debt, you wondered how long it would take before the casino started taking limbs?

Pulling your fan out you gave the gambler a sneer as you watch the performance, he played as beautifully as always.

"Bastard" you hissed at him from behind your fan. He looked good underneath the spotlight, long hair pulled back into a semi-loose ponytail. Even his goatee seemed to have been well trimmed for once, the standed suit and tie he'd been given was nice and form-fitting. Oh how you loathed this man~

You didn't even know why you hated him so much! Maybe it was the way Antonio held himself like he knew he was better than everyone on stage but to spare them embarrassment, played less than his usual show-stopping performance. He made your blood boil, there were so many things you wanted to say to him, just to knock that grin off his face! But Antonio could not have cared less, that's just the way he was.

In the years You'd known him, Antonio had proven to be fickle. He was a fair weathered man, you didn't trust him as far as you could throw him.

'Look at him up there' you put your drink down as the band slowly came to a stop. It was time for an intermission, well it would have been had the violinist not started a completely new piece out of nowhere.

He looked directly at you as play a new, jarring yet hypnotic piece out of nowhere before abruptly stopping and walking off stage.

'Damn you to hell, Paganini'

He'd be getting an ear full from the manager that's for sure, maybe you could sneak around and watch?

"Your up miss. stageplay" the bartender said.

"It is about that time" you stood and walked to the dressing room, you had some makeup to touch up. The back rooms were a flurry of people and instruments moving to and fro. Quickly slipping into your dressing room you nudged the door cracked. It didn't need to be closed, you wouldn't be long.

Click

You jumped and whirled around, well tried too. A pair of very cold hands landed on your exposed shoulders.

"Miss. stageplay~ did you enjoy my performance?"

"You vile man, how dare you enter a woman's dressing room" you stared at him through the mirror and shivered when he tugged the straps of your dress lower. The pearls on your neck felt warm compared to his hands and body.

"Oh you're hardly a woman," he leaned down just enough to rest his face on your neck, "You're more akin to a she-devil, aren't you? ___"

"I despise you" You stiffed a gasped when he pressed a small kiss to your warm skin. Digging your nails into your leg you grit out a question, "what do you want from me demon"

"So cold~ and here I thought you'd warmed up to me, we've been co-workers for months now!"

"My dues are almost around the corner and I could use a bit extra coin," he caged you easily with his lanky arms, circling the expensive jewelry you had decorating your ears and neck," you don't mind setting up a 'date' with me~ hm?" His long fingers teased the claps of your pearls string necklace.

"You have an hour after my show and- Hm!" You let out another strangled gasp when he decided to take a small nibble on your neck.

"My beloved witch, I look forward to hearing you sing"