Pretty Boy| Edger

The night was deadly still. The only thing awake was the monster that crawled across the rooftop of the manor at night. Dragging its massive hands across the windows of the waiting room, no one knew what the damn thing was, and nobody was brave enough to find out. Edger kicked his house shoes off and slipped back into bed after using the restroom.

Sleep didn't last for long. Bright lights lit his room up, and his face scrunched up in irritation. The sound of something rumbling made him jump up to investigate. The lights soon went off, leaving him back in total darkness. For a moment, he thought he had just imagined the sudden light, but then he started hearing movement.

Outside the sound of low chatter and feet hitting dusty floorboards made him open the door.

"What happened?"

Andrew held a small candle in his hands, pale fingers curled around brass, "I'm not sure."

"Oh, for goodness sake," he yawned, taking the candle from Andrew as a few other curious people wandered downstairs.

"- be back, hold on." Kevin had put his boots and hat back on as a few others stuck their heads through the door. It was too chilly to be outside just in pajamas.

Standing on the semi-wet porch, Edger saw some sort of machine! It was long and bulky, like a flat carriage! It even had short wheels on the bottom.

"What on God's green earth -" Kevin scratched his chin, confused as to what he was looking at, as was everyone else.

That's when the door opened up, and a leather-clad boot stepped out into the mud.

"This is where Google said to go...hey, mister! This Oletus manor? See, I'm really bad with directions, and I really didn't mean to wake anyone up. "

Edger watched as Kevin shook the hands of the woman who'd stepped out of her oddly shaped, horseless carriage.

"Let's get yah instead first, yah ain't do us no harm, Bring any bags with yah?"

"I carry a few things, thank you so much! Here, let me pop the trunk. "

The thing lit up and caused everyone to wince at the lights flickering for a moment.

"What is that?!" Luca gasped, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"What's what? Someone describe it to me!" Helena said from in front of Andrew.

"It's... big, and flat, and its got four weird looking wheels and glass in the front and back with these little things on the side that look similar to horse ears, then it's got these funny looking eyes I think on the front and two doors one side might have another set on the other side" Luca tried his best to explain.

"That was a horrible description, Balsa."

"I'm going to grab my shoes and tool kit....and Tracy!" He knew she'd love to come and listen to the owner about whatever that thing was!

"Pardon me," Kevin stepped past everyone, bringing in two medium-sized suitcases.

The person who showed up jogged up the stairs and greeted everyone politely.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake anyone up!" She gave her name, first and last, then gave her profession, "I'm a drag racer. " Edger squinted at her.

"What the bloody hell is a 'Drag racer', that sounds made up."

"Maybe you'd heard of it if you didn't look like you were from the 1800s. y- Wait...are you a guy?"

"Is there a problem with the way I look?!" It was very irritating when people assumed he was a female. He wasn't the only short man here! Naib was short, and nobody ever assumed he was a girl!!!